xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BeyondEarth

Building A Computer I did it, decent price as well

That's a great price. Although, I would suggest going for a P4 and not a Celeron. Celeron CPUs are really low performany, and they generally have about 128 KB of cache. Cache is really important for retrieving information, like a librarian, it can refer to recently used data from the hard drive more faster and efficiently the more you have. 512 KB to 1 MB seems to be a good amount for a CPU. Anything more than that, and there just is not a great deal of performancy increase, and cache is very, very expensive.

Celeron 2.4Ghz? Yuck, that is and old CPU and that computer won't last you long.How about an Athlon X2 3800+ ? now that is what I call a CPU and it $400 itself!If you want to build a computer which lasts it'll still cost you a minimum of $1000

At the time i really didnt have the money to build my computer in one shot so I had to build my pc from scratch but piece by piece. I got my Xblade case with sensor panel for about $80 bucks. I got my wireless optical mouse and keyboard for about $40. Then I got my cpu (AMD 3200+ 64bit clawhammer) and mobo (asus k8v deluxe) for $318 on the dot shipped :huh: got a sata 120 gb western digital for about $80. Got some no name ram 1gb ddr for $50 each. (mistake). Got a dvdrw+- for about $40. Still working on the LCD. I dont really care for one but It will complete the look and it will save me some space on my desk.

I remember building my computer. I loved it how you could custom pick all the specs and the case, and you could be knit-picky about everything. And you don't have to buy unneeded things that you might find on the pre-built ones from the major retailers. So the price ends up to be a bit cheaper if you choose only what you need for what you do.

I remember building my computer. I loved it how you could custom pick all the specs and the case, and you could be knit-picky about everything. And you don't have to buy unneeded things that you might find on the pre-built ones from the major retailers. So the price ends up to be a bit cheaper if you choose only what you need for what you do.

192714[/snapback]

yeah its great. One of the worst things that I remember about building a computer was finding out that a week later the item I ordered went on sale. That bites so badly. I also didnt like that every site that I ordered from had a text box so you can enter a "coupon code". Thats such crap. I've never seen one of those coupon codes yet, and I've been shopping online for years. Did multiple searches for them and still no cigar. I'm starting to think they dont exist. LOL