xisto Community
Johnny

Johnny's 3d Landscapes

how dark can you really get with grass when doing 3-d modeling? well i answer that to give it that feeling that a object is in its way, tryout some clouds and stuff give it the ole misty cloud look on the thee ole mountain top. and see how snows with it as well.

how dark can you really get with grass when doing 3-d modeling? well i answer that to give it that feeling that a object is in its way, tryout some clouds and stuff give it the ole misty cloud look on the thee ole mountain top. and see how snows with it as well.

168995[/snapback]

Um...what? I didn't understand a bit of that.

Hmm, all these landscapes seem to be in the day time. Make one in the night. I'd do it myself, but I'm too lazy to install Terragen again.

I had a quick go: Night Scene

Most of those Terragen scenes do look quite natural and realistic, apart from the fourth one. That grass is just weird!
I'll try and upload some of my Terragen attempts soon.

Hmm, all these landscapes seem to be in the day time. Make one in the night. I'd do it myself, but I'm too lazy to install Terragen again.

Most of those Terragen scenes do look quite natural and realistic, apart from the fourth one. That grass is just weird!

169292[/snapback]

Hm...little too dark on that one Rob. But it looks nice.

And yeah, I know about that grass... =/

169292[/snapback]

Hmm, that doesn't seem like night because clouds aren't visible at night. :D It just looks like you lowered the brightness in photoshop.

Hmm, that doesn't seem like night because clouds aren't visible at night. :D It just looks like you lowered the brightness in photoshop.

169529[/snapback]

Wow, Nguyen has a point. I knew there was something odd about it, other than how dark it was. :D

Add a moon, maybe. :D

Wow, Nguyen has a point. I knew there was something odd about it, other than how dark it was. :D

Add a moon, maybe. :D

169585[/snapback]

Nguyen always has a point. Add a moon (if it's possible), and kill the clouds. We don't even have clouds here at night in antartica.

You can't add a moon in this version and I'm not sure if its possible to remove the clouds. Perhaps the makers decided people wouldn't want to render images of night scenes.They're bringing out a new version of Terragen soon which will allow you to render moons and other planets. An entire virtual solar system...

You can't add a moon in this version and I'm not sure if its possible to remove the clouds. Perhaps the makers decided people wouldn't want to render images of night scenes.

They're bringing out a new version of Terragen soon which will allow you to render moons and other planets. An entire virtual solar system...

171015[/snapback]

Should be options in the atmosphere settings to edit the clouds...