xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sunster13

Phpnuke Custom Theme Error

Hey, I just setup PHP-Nuke, which worked fine, until I tried installing a custom theme. It was the Charcoal one, but it had the same error with another theme that I tried. I got this error:

Warning: head(themes/Charcoal/theme.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gchl/public_html/nuke/header.php on line 31
Warning: head(themes/Charcoal/theme.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gchl/public_html/nuke/header.php on line 31

Warning: head(): Failed opening 'themes/Charcoal/theme.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;) in /home/gchl/public_html/nuke/header.php on line 31

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: themeheader() in /home/gchl/public_html/nuke/header.php on line 51

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and the only way to remove that error is go back to the addon scripts and delete the nuke folder completely, The contents of the folder are:

Charcoal>html>blocks and themes, which appear to be empty.
>resources

I will try downloading the teme again, but it didn't work for my other theme either.

ok it looks like I got it now, I had to download the theme again, and there seemed to be different components inside this time.By the way, does anyone know of a good site for PHP-Nuke themes?

just a suggestion ... i was also working with php nuke ... but someone in this forum told me to try php fusion ... man is great??? nos as messy as nuke ... but i think it doesnt have so much mods as nuke ... but you can try it ... as i said ... just a suggetion :(:D

Is it any easier to customize, even without mods, like change links and stuff?

166779[/snapback]

Looks that you have some errors on line 31 and 51 of header.php and 31 on lib.php. It may be a path you should fix or a variable. If you can't fix that, you might want to try another theme. I've never really used PHPNuke but I've also shied away from all the unecessary clutter. I recommend Mambo because it's simple to use and edit :D

I supposed there's an instruction file there to guide you through, just upload the files into the various folders and maybe run the needed installer...