xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ArMs

Dell Vs Alienware which is better and why?

Definitely Alienware because Alienware got the highest ratings for their computers. Even though they're expensive, they give more stuff you need to play like better graphics and more RAM. My friend just got a DELL for 4000 bucks and its just OK compared to my alienware i got for $1,800 2 years ago. So i guess Alienware is the clear winner. :P

I pretty much agree with everyone else. If you want to pay a lot, and tell your friends look at my fancy schmancy Alienware PC, then by all means do so. However If you want a good machine at a good price go with dell. Or if you know what you want, and know what you are doing (or want to do a lot of research and learn) build your own. Building you own computer isn't about getting it cheaper, you almost definately will get a dell cheaper because they buy parts in much larger quantities for less than you can buy them. But by building you own you can get exactly what you want and tailor your computer to do what you need it to do. (but knowing what you want requires a lot of research)

there's really no comparison between the two companies unless you're looking at dell's upper end pc's and xps series. Alienware is a very different sort of company. They are producers of very quality and high end pc's with top-quality hardware. Dell is a budget-friendly company that sells relatively cheap pc's. You just can't compare them. A better comparison is between Dell and HP/Compaq. Both sell household computers. Personally, if you have no budget to go on, go Falcon. https://www.falcon-nw.com/. If you are on a budget, go with Dell. In the middle, go Dell or HP upper end. The best option is to just build your own pc; it saves money by a lot and also allows you to see what you're getting for your money. But, many people, like as you said you are, do not know how to build a computer. There are many sites online that teach this kind of thing, and these tuts are very good. Try one sometime and you'll be surprised how easy it is to build a pc from scratch.

Alienware was bought out by Dell...With Alienware, you're mostly paying for the name. The designs they have are absolutely crazy and usually top-of-the-line. Each system is moreso tailored towards gaming performance than anything else... but they will do just about anything you want it to do (if it's a gaming rig). Like everyone is saying, they will cost you an arm and a leg. Unless you REALLY want to have a high-performance PC with the Alienware name, I'd stay clear.Dell is a very dummy-proof choice. Computer enthusiasts will have to agree that they are one of the most convenient when it comes to people who have next to no knowledge of a computer... but things like cheap parts, limited performance caps, and the fact that the BIOS is locked down can piss off a tech-savvy user. They are relatively cheap and great for everyday use... with lag-free gaming out of this realm of use. I hear that the XPS line is nice... albeit a bit pricey.The best bet, really, is to design and build your own PC, component by component. It's really not that hard and very satisfying to be able to create your own desktop tailored to YOUR wants... not to mention that you have complete control over what's in your PC. There are tons of websites that will help you out... and really, it's not hard.But if you want a pre-built PC, I would personally suggest HP or Dell. So far, I have no real personal complaints about either... yet. :rolleyes:

I can understand what everyone says about Dell and even though I did experience some extreme customer service issues, they more than made up for it when they realized my experience was a bad. The problem is outsourcing, but thats another topic. I can testify that the XPS line is awesome and hard to beat, even against alienware when it comes to laptops. If your getting a desktop, go with alienware. If you guys say one company, like DELL, is hated, back up your statements. For all we know the reason you hate DELL is because they kept you on the phone for 5 more mins or they didnt give your 10% discount-Pete A

I've actually just compared the prices of alienware vs. Dell. With the same specs (as close as the customize options would allow), alienware actually was like 40$ cheaper. So, I'd say alienware would be the way to go.-reply by John Doe