xisto Community
Guevara

Russia?s Biggest Spammer Murdered

Vardan Kushnir, notorious for sending spam to each and every citizen of Russia who appeared to have an e-mail, was found dead in his Moscow apartment on Sunday, Interfax reported Monday. He died after suffering repeated blows to the head.

someone must have really hated spam :D ...no im just making that up so dont pm me saying how do you know or something like that !

Source: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Notice from snlildude87:
Use the quote TAG whenever you copy something from another source! Edited and warned

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

well i think murder is really bad....even if he was a spammer...everyone gets spam we all hate spam but spam is not the reason for killing anyone.(considering someone killed him because of spam only :D)

(considering someone killed him because of spam only :D)

166258[/snapback]

Well, this is from a page that was linked from the given page...

The murder of Russias biggest spammer Vardan Kushnir was not connected with his Internet activity, but with a straightforward robbery, Moscow investigators reported.

So, perhaps his murderer didn't kill him because of spam only. :(

well i think murder is really bad....even if he was a spammer...everyone gets spam we all hate spam but spam is not the reason for killing anyone.

166258[/snapback]

I agree, couldn't have put it better :D Murder's a serious offence, and while I think spamming shouldn't be legal (especially mails that have crappy adult content), I certainly would condemn the idea of murdering someone who spams. I'm sure there are more rational ways of punishing spammers; I'm putting these thoughts down in the context of if-the-report-above-isn't-true.

Well I have one thing to say and that is it is just annoying who cares if you are way too annoyed by spam get an email account with a spam blocker. Also its too bad it came to this.

haha, well i don't think he deserved to die, just because he was a spammer (well actually yes, but hey this is my ethic speaking lol) anyways perhaps this guy was also involved in some serious things, like drugs or some other things, cuz i just can't believe he was just an internet geek/freak maybe they pay him for sending spam, that's the only reason i can think for someone sending millions of spam mail.. not even boredom could end this way o_oU.. anyways that's just me speaking...

One, millions of spam messages is NOT a lot if you compare it to the world population. Second, he might have been killed by the maffia in russia (Conspiracy theories may begin now.). Third, it was on slashdot a long time ago.

now thats one heck of a spammer...XDi guess it was a conicidence that he was robbed/murdered too after being quite a spammer~@_@ im still not used to spam, XD and sadly i get spam in my inbox more than once in a day T_T

Sadly, me too.. :D I get like 5 ~ 10 spam emails every day.. and as you may think i HATE spam. Sick of receiving stupid emails about how to get my sexual life better..The good thing is that thunderbird manages to delete all the spam messages.. so usually it's just a number i need to face every day.Though dead is not the right way to deal with this type of spammers.. some surely deserve it..