xisto Community
unicornrose

Camera Phones Or Not?

Which do you perfer a camera cell phone or a regular cell phone?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hate camera phones. People have been abusing each other at college by taking photos of each other and then using blurring effects or sticking each other in frames. I don't feel this is nice, especially when they take pictures of you when you're least expecting it.My vote has got to be regular phone - this is only my opinion though. I can understand why people like cameras on their phones.

i think new technologies are great, you have many options to use your cell phone, photo, infra, audio, internet, organizer, games, bluetooth, and a lot more of features, it's great to have all that services in only one machine, i hope it becomes more integrated day on day

I prefer normal phones.I have a perfectly good digital camera and can send the photos to people for free via email. Why are people so desparate to take a low quality photo and pay over-the-odds to send it to someone else who can't see it becuase the screen is too small to pick up any detail.
A phone can't do everything well. If they focus on the camera then every other feature is rubbish, however, if the camera is added as an afterthought then its pointless having it. Digital cameras are good for taking photos and phones are good for speaking to people.

Normal phones are okay but having graphic on it is even groovier. I use bluetooth to send and recieve pictures which is free. and i agree with you phones are good for specking to people on

I like the camera phone.I upgraded from a regular cell phone in August and even though I have a digital camera, I find having the phone is handy for taking pics when I don't have the camera with me. I agree that the quality of the photo isn't as good, but it's still a picture I wouldn't have had otherwise.

I prefer the camera cell phone but only if it is of good quality, if the camera phone is poor and takes bad pictures, can't film for long, can't hold that many pictures or movies it isn't that good. On the other hand a nor mal phone is better because as the topic starter said it will save you money as you won't be sending all these pictures and stuff everytime you get one. Another thing is if you get a camera phone in a year they will release a new phone with new gadgets and then you'll want that as it's the best and it will keep on going like that.

camera phones have the pros and cons while normal ones do too!!!!camera phones u have a camera where ever u go while a normal one u dont...but with a camera phone people can take pictures u dont want say of your credit card at the resturaunt??? lolbut w/e i dont have one i just prefer the camera one...

Well i have to have a regular phone because at my bording school were not aloud them so i have to have a normal phone but before long all phones are going to be camera phones so normal ones wont be produced any more. But i would prefere a camera phone.

I prefer Camera phones, because when you are out and you are holding it, it will come in very handy when you want to capture something nice, so you don't have to carry your digital camera/camera always with you. Further more, I only have a Mobile Phone in oder to take pictures ^_^ , I hardly even use it for SMS or calling... :lol:

I have had several camera phones, and I must say, that while I had them, I did love the feature. But you can't take a camera phone everywhere. If you go to a court house, they will ask you to check it in at the security desk. That's disturbing to me. I don't like to leave 3-400 dollar equipment with a security guard, or anyone else for that matter. not only that, but I really think you sacrifice on quality with both the phone and the camera by combining them. Having said that, I do feel that the pictures they take are perfect for weblogs and email and the like. but if you carry a digital camera around, which my girlfriend is notorious for, you can always lower the resolution on there. Or you can lower it at home when you edit all of the photos.I have actually gotten to the point now, that I don't want a cell phone at all anymore. They are so obtrusive, and if you have one, more often than not you carry it everywhere, and then your rude to the people around you by calling other people and stuff. If I want to talk to you, I will most likely go and see you, or go online.But for the purpose of this thread, I would have to say non camera phone 100%.

I have a camera phone and 2 regular phones. But I'm currenng the camera phone mainly because of the camera of course. It's easy when you're walking along the road and suddenly you see something interesting that catches your eye, you could just use it to snap a picture of it.I agree that it isn't the best quality but hey, what can you expect from a cellphone? After all, it is still a cellphone :)

I don't have a camera-cellphone. And that's because my parents say that it is too expensive. Actually, I don't really understand why should we have cameras in our phones. I mean, the phones were meant to TALK, no? :)

I didn't really see what all the fuss was about until I got my camera-phone. It has a two-megapixel camera, so the quality is more than decent. The best things about it is, you take take pics of things that capture you for whatever reason, and no-one gives you funny looks becuase you can be oh-so sly with a teeny weeny little phone. And sure, phones were initially made just to talk, but they're evolved now. Things always evolove to meet our needs, so there must have been a good reason why they have come about. Yay for camera phones! :)

Well I never really wanted a camera phone until I ended up getting one before school started. They really are a cool thing to have. Of course I can't send pictures because it is on a family plan my parents pay for but I like taking pictures with it. I take pictures of cool cars I see, my friends, and other things just to mess around. It has different frames to make a nice picture and funny ones that make it look like the person is in jail. It has effects like solar, orange, black/white, etc; It entertains me on the hour long bus ride home from school. They can be helpful as well. One person in my area was almost kidnapped and as the guy drove away he took a picture of the lisence plate number. Pretty handy in that case. There are lots of uses for them even though they are expensive.