xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alive

Angry? How Do You Calm Yourself Down?

Hi people in this workd get angr for various reasons. But on the other hand only few people are there who will be able to control their anger. Evryone like to be one in that few and some rare cases are there in todays world they get angry just to show off. and some get angry to attract the one s attention who are standing in that place.Now let me move to control anger. Is i reallp possible ? Yes ofcourse Nothing in this world is impposible and according to me the best way to control anger is to have the quality of forgiving others .Just if we have this quality of forgiving others we can control any kind of anger.

Hi, I have always had a bit of a temper to be honest, but I have never really lost it. Sometimes when I get really angry I can feel my self heating up inside, but I just walk off. The funny thing is that I never get angry outside of my home. In school or whatever it all goes over my head - it's only at home I easily get stressed.

Bro you have now idea how much this goes the same for me!!! I also get really really angry only at home :rolleyes: I've always wished I can get that much angry when I have trouble with someone-this way I would be able to take my anger on him...but after that I may have to call an ambulance or something :D If I had the anger from home every time someone p*sses me off a lot of people would have gone to hospital ;) Anyway-well if I'm outside home I just imagine punchig really hard the person that p*ssed my off and if I am at home-well it depends-either listening to some hard music like some hard metal,or puching some wall,pillow or something or I scream if I'm alone...and than punch something :D

The best way to calm oneself when you get angry is that just try to forget the matter which made you angry , else try to see some comedy videos or go for a funny movie.Or if you are angry on a particular person for any reason , just forget that reason and start thinking of the times when you were close and happy with that person, when you think of those happy times you will realize how did you get angry with that person.So be Cool Always.

Angerness has also been one of my greatest problems.When I get angry,it is very difficult to control it.Every one around me gets scared.But From the past few years I have developed various ways to control anger like whenever I get angry I try to calm myself.This I do in various ways like by listening to music ,going with my friends for a stroll.One of the most efficient ways I have found to have a control over my anger is through meditation and pranayam,this has helped me the most.It helps me in controlling anger as well as it gives an immense pleasure and also helps to increase memory and concentration.I would recoomend everyone who has the problem of getting angry or having short temperness to try meditation,pranayam and yoga.Doing this not only helps you in getting over your angerness but teaches a way to live life.So I think having multiple benefits is really good.

I'm the same as you, I never get angry out of the house. Usually, to calm down I just take deep breaths and think calming thoughts. It works for me. You can't exactly just do karate in the middle of a room, can you?

If I'm angry, one of the things I do is listen to music, normally the heavy, rock and roll kinds :)The lyrics and the tune will calm me down. Music is everything in my life, and to have that, in myself and within the world makes me... well... thankful in a way, but also a cure. I understand music, and after being angry, something you understand and know well is a relief to be honest.Another thing is my mind goes into overdrive. I swear constantly and I'm basically rambling on, all in my mind of course. I believe fully in honesty and truth, so if something needs to be set, I'll say it and try and correct it.Swearing at them in a foreign language is funny :(Or coming up with insults that they don't get. I also take deep breaths, but I don't think of happy thoughts. I can't do that when I'm angry. I also might cry... But that depends on the situation :(

Hey Just now i have watched a movie , in that there i found a good but yet it is a funny way to control anger, whenever you feel angry just think of some Jokes or some jovial incident that has happened in your life and just relax and you will start to laugh thinking of that incident of your life , just then your anger may be reduced.This was followed in that movie which i saw and i really don t know how will it Work in real life.But anyway Just give a try , It May work for you too. because getting angry is not good for one s health.

One of the best things that help me a lot is to start thinking about the cause of my anger. I always end up with my self, my own unwillingness to accept the situation as it is! If you accept the situation there is nothing to be angry about. Apart from that fact, there is also the moral thing that keeps me from being angry...Just imagine how worse everything could be..you mom could have died that same morning or you father, an earthquake could hit you, you wouldn't have any water to drink as in Africa....there are many many things, which we all should respect and not take for granted! If you start thinking like this when you are angry, it is hard to stay angry for long! You just don't have the right to be angry...

I try to avoid getting angry at home because I hate that crappy energy being in the house, so I go outside whenever I feel even a little cranky and just deliberately try to shift my focus. When the anger is gone, I come home..

Most times when I get mad, I really get mad and I don't want to just at times I just loose it. I want to keep my self control and at times about the little stuff I can, but I have found that talking to a couple of my friends that I have lately become close to helps me the most. They usually give me some good advice and I try and do it like read a chapter out of my bible and read a chapter and then just watch a movie without any violence or anger type things and then try and relax the rest of the day. This probably won't mean much since I'm only a freshman but I try and I know I have anger problems its just I can only hear it from myself. I play sports and I'm very competitive and most the time I'm a good sport, but I go to a christian school and lots of people there are good people and I'm glad I have that surrounding but just because I'm surrounded by those persons that doesn't help all the time. Sometimes you just have to get away and do something just for you. Or just go for a nice long walk and enjoy the senery. Thats what I do because I can't drive yet.

Stay cool

-reply by Vanessa

Sometimes I get angry over the moon. I feel like its impossible to calm myself down. So by coincidence I got to this site and as I read these ideas, I calmed myself down without realising!/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley4.Gif 

-reply by Jenna

LOl i usually have to cry out the anger, as dumb as that seemsi get so angry to the point where i cannot feel my throat or speak, or even breath, and i have to cry it out with musicand NO do not think im some sort of weirdo who randomly starts crying at school because they are mad LOL, i do not really get mad easily, i think when i get mad is when everything adds up to the point where i cannot take it anymorenot just randomly