xisto Community
sirhenry

Web Programmers Needed! Graphic artists, programmers and talents

What's up, Xisto!

Want to get your name out there? Want to produce something?

I am starting a free webdesign company whose purpose is to provide people with costless freelance services. As it is still new, I'll be needing all the programmers and talents I can get. If you have any sort of creative talent, especially in flash, graphic arts, javascript, and other computer tasks, it would be greatly valued if you were to signup.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

What you get:
1. Exposure: your name and a link to your website in the "about" section
2. The chance to build a portfolio. If you've ever tried selling freelance services, you'll soon realize that the jobs go to whoever has done the most. If you ever will go "professional", this will be a huge boost.
3. The chance to contribute to the online community. There are so many free online webhosts, but not any (to my knowledge) free online freelancers.
4. A possibility of making money (although currently Freedom Design is entirely free, at some point bigger projects will require either ads or cost. If you worked on that project, a portion of that money will go to you)

Responsibilities:
1. None! You will only be given work that you like and that you can complete. If you don't complete the work then it's no big deal, it will just be completed by somebody else.

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or complaints feel free to reply.

I am eagerly looking for new ideas to improve on my service.

On a side note, please review my webdesign. It's rather bare, I know, but I wanted it to be to-the-point. Also, is this spam? I don't think so as it isn't advertising for my website as much as it is asking people for advice on my website, but, admins, please tell me if it is. I don't want to make anybody mad.

It should be noted that at this point, Freedom Design isn't "public". Once I get a few people onboard with me, I'll start bidding on freelance places like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and others (all the bids, of course, will be zero)

Thanks in advance, everybody!

Yeah, I already sent a request on the website you provided ;) Basically, I am equipped with Flash Web-designing. Recently I created a website, that was all made from flash. After a while, I removed the website, and now I am working on a very big website which will be launched on August 1st, 2005. People are going to be amazed at it. :D Anyways, if you need some help, contact me. :(

hmm maybe i can give your site a look see since i do well in web design and graphics.

hmm maybe i can give your site a look see since i do well in web design and graphics.

Don't hesitate to apply! Chances are, you wont be turned down. Freedom Design needs graphic artists, and this will give you a chance to do what you like to do and build a portfolio in the process.

PS: You have an excellent first name. Very smart people are named that. ;)

Nice Idea you have here!! Even free services hold great potential for profit, provided that they reach alot of consumers (marketing).Anyway, I would love to help where I can, I have filled out an application on your website outlining my qualifications.

I'm a PHP Programmer... i love programming in PHP... unfortunately, your website dosen't work...

Hmm. It seems to be working now. Try again. Or, you can just drop me an email with a few paragraphs about yourself.

admin nogreeneggsandspam [at] tophatman [dot] cjb [dot] net
Remove the silliness, and replace the [at] and [dot] with appropriate characters. This anti-spam internet meme is getting out of control...

Cheers
--Michael B

Finally, my server is running again. So if you tried to click on the link without success before, try again. It should work.

We still are looking for some more people, as Freedom Design will move into the "Deployment Phase" within a week! We've got a handful of people signed up, but any more help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a PHP Programmer... i love programming in PHP... unfortunately, your website dosen't work...

It should be working now.
Thanks!

I wish you luck with your project. It is a complicated idea. First of all because it is difficult to have clients demanding your service. It is difficult to persuade a client that your services are proffesional if they are for free. Also, enroll talented people will be the difficult part. I guess another difficult issue is to coordinate people with such different backgrounds and localization. I recommend you create some coding conventions and begin to think about track tools and code repository. Good luck!

I wish you luck with your project. It is a complicated idea. First of all because it is difficult to have clients demanding your service. It is difficult to persuade a client that your services are proffesional if they are for free. Also, enroll talented people will be the difficult part. I guess another difficult issue is to coordinate people with such different backgrounds and localization. I recommend you create some coding conventions and begin to think about track tools and code repository. Good luck!

166772[/snapback]

Well, you can probably help with the enrolling talented people part :D

Right now, I'm just using a phpBB board to coordinate the freelancers and projects. At this point, anything more would be excessive, as I only have a handful of freelancers onboard with me.

As far as clients requesting service, I plan to actively bid on projects at places like elance, guru, and getafreelancer, mentioning that I could their work professionally for free. I wont solely rely on the html form on my website. The html form's intent is to cater to the other major market my website is targetted at: the individual without computer knowledge or without time.

All of our designs will be under an open license, and we may even obtain bits of code from other open source web designs.

Thanks for the recommendations!

You are welcome. I am interested to see if you go ahead with this thing for a long time and it is succesful. As i said good luck!