xisto Community
sader

I Have Less Credits That I Should Why its that so

I have earn ~23 credits but after I created free host acount (package1) about 10 credits disapered somewhare. Now I have only 1.99 days why it's that so?Can it be becouse I tryed to create free hosting acount when I didn't have my host Accsepted (newbies mistake. sorry)And another thing.Does 1.99 it mean that I can be inactive in forums only 2 days ;)

Well, you feel into the same "hole" as I did. When they say it requires at least 10 credits, thery're not joking. They take every credit you have off you and give you back 2. I lost over 200 credits through this (a small amount compared to what you lost.)

1.99 credits means you can stay active for 1.99 days. 0.01 credits goes down every 15 mins or so.

Well, you feel into the same "hole" as I did. When they say it requires at least 10 credits, thery're not joking. They take every credit you have off you and give you back 2. I lost over 200 credits through this (a small amount compared to what you lost.)

1.99 credits means you can stay active for 1.99 days. 0.01 credits goes down every 15 mins or so.

164135[/snapback]

Really... man that sucks, I had 117 credits when I signed up, I wondered why I dropped so much. I thought that I would keep the credits I had not used.

The hosting credit system normally resets once the hosting is granted to a member. But in your case, sader, you had around 23 and take away 10 (for package 1) and you were left with 3. And since it was on July 21st that you were approved and you posted it on 22nd, 1 day went by...thus around 2 hosting credit is left. Get it? Many members cried out that they've lost their accumulated 200 or more hosting credits when the hosting was activated. The credit system was designed so that once a member is approved for hosting, it resets to a default hosting credit (I believe it's 4 but in sader's case 4 would meant giving you 1 hosting credit). If this rule is not enforced a member can post and gain 380 hosting credits, apply for hosting, loses 10 credit for package 1 and you'll never see that member for next 370 days. Remember, when you are not hosting your credit does not diminish. By resetting the credit after hosting approval, it requests you to be active in the forum. This forum cannot survive without you.

It is just how the system is set up, it's mentioned on most places. Your credits ALWAYS drop to 3 to 4, sometimes it's a bit less. I don't know why, but it' just the way the system works. OpaQue wrote it.

<SNIP>

Many members cried out that they've lost their accumulated 200 or more hosting credits when the hosting was activated. The credit system was designed so that once a member is approved for hosting, it resets to a default hosting credit (I believe it's 4 but in sader's case 4 would meant giving you 1 hosting credit). If this rule is not enforced a member can post and gain 380 hosting credits, apply for hosting, loses 10 credit for package 1 and you'll never see that member for next 370 days. Remember, when you are not hosting your credit does not diminish. By resetting the credit after hosting approval, it requests you to be active in the forum. This forum cannot survive without you.

164217[/snapback]

I guess that makes sense. I really don't mind losing my credits like that, I can easily get them back, it didn't take me all that long to accumulate them in the first place. I just didn't realize that about the system. Heck even losing the close to 100 credits I don't really care, because I don't plan to not be active for enough days to start to lose enough credits. In fact I hope to maintain at least 30 credits just to make sure that if I am ever caught unable to log on for a very long time I won't be suspended.

The hosting credit system normally resets once the hosting is granted to a member. But in your case, sader, you had around 23 and take away 10 (for package 1) and you were left with 3. And since it was on July 21st that you were approved and you posted it on 22nd, 1 day went by...thus around 2 hosting credit is left. Get it?

Many members cried out that they've lost their accumulated 200 or more hosting credits when the hosting was activated. The credit system was designed so that once a member is approved for hosting, it resets to a default hosting credit (I believe it's 4 but in sader's case 4 would meant giving you 1 hosting credit). If this rule is not enforced a member can post and gain 380 hosting credits, apply for hosting, loses 10 credit for package 1 and you'll never see that member for next 370 days. Remember, when you are not hosting your credit does not diminish. By resetting the credit after hosting approval, it requests you to be active in the forum. This forum cannot survive without you.

164217[/snapback]

thanks for explane now I understand what was it : ;)

One more thing

It looks taht if I have no more credist my web site is closed right?

but I can open it again if I will "pay" 4 credits points the question is how long my site is not removed from server if my site is closed

but I can open it again if I will "pay" 4 credits points the question is how long my site is not removed from server if my site is closed

164289[/snapback]

Your hosting site will be suspended immediately once your credit reaches zero. You cannot access your cPanel until you bring it back to active (there's been some uncooperative answers but the floating answer seems to be at least 4 credits). However, your files are safe until the -30 hosting credits. So, it's safe for 30 days from the day you hit zero credits.

One more thing

164289[/snapback]

I had to read your question three times to figure out what you were saying. Using proper punctuation marks would have reduced that number down to one.

To answer your question, your account will be suspended if you have between 4 hosting credits and -30 hosting credits. Suspension means that other people cannot view your site but all your files are safe on the hosting servers. During suspension, you have the chance to bring your hosting credits above 4. However, if your hosting credits fall below -30, then your account will be terminated. Termination means all your files are deleted from hosting servers, and they cannot be recovered. More information: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/8717-fair-warning-is-given-to-all-hosted-members/

Hold on a sec. Let me see if I got this right. After requesting and being granted hosting, all of the credits you might have still had are reset to 2.00 credits? Cause I was able to get hosting for package 1 the day before yesterday and when I was trying to login through my FTP program, it wouldn't log me in. Figuring I might have typed something wrong, I retyped everything. It still didn't seem to want to work for me. This time, I get on my browser and head to my cpanel, again it refuses to let me login... How fast, after gaining hosting, do our credits depleat? 1 credit a day? I'm guessing this because next to the total number of credits you have it states `Days'. Is that how it works?

Yes. Hosting credit number means the days you can have your free hosting active (allowed to be shown to others) without showing the suspended message. Yes, each day you do not make any post you will lose 1 credit (1 day).Let me make my situation as an example to clear things up. When I applied for hosting package #1, I had 32 hosting credits. Until NilsC approved my application that 32 hosting credits never diminished. As soon as NilsC approved my application and I continued with the process of activating my hosting, my total hosting credit reverted back to 4.00 credits. The next day it drop to 3.08 and I started to make additional posts to gain hosting credits. One of the reasons that you may not be able to access your cPanel or access your hosting via FTP is possibly that you do not have enough hosting credits. For example, you had 11 hosting credits when you activated a hosting account. As soon as you activated your hosting, you lost all your credits and in this case left with 1 credit. And your hosting just went into suspension because you did not have enough credits. Remember, as snlildude87 mentioned, your hosting will go suspended if you fall below 4 credits (sometimes).This topic has been discussed and explained at the pinned topic in Hosting Members Area. Please refer to that topic for further information.

I found out the reason I was unable to logon to my Cpanel and FTP connection. My account had been suspended temporarily, because I did run out of credits. I didn't realize that my credits reset after activating my hosting, so I thought I would have at least 2 days to work on setting up my website without having to post and still have 8 credits left after the 2 days.. My bad..lol I just wanted to know what happened at the time. I have gotten my hosting back, that same day in fact, and I will deffinately be sure to post at the very least two posts a day. If they are both good and lengthy, without being pointless babble, I should be able to keep a stable increase in my credits. Thanks again for the help, A