xisto Community
Kubi

Gift For Johnny V2.0 Way better than the first :).

K, I wasn't happy with my first gift sig for Johnny, so I made a new one!

Posted Image

My first use of a render in my sig. I think it turned out pretty good..

Comments?

well i told you about the font, the background could use a little more brushing, the color looks good except for the orange spot, nice use of the scanlines though, told you about hte blending so 8.5/10

Oooh, neato. That looks great KuBi. Some improvements could be made, but that's to be expected, because you've only been doing sigs, what, two days now? And for two days, it's great. :DAnyway, thanks. I may have to make you a second one as well. ^-^And not a bad job at all with the render. It's MUCH better than other sigs where people just grab google images and leave the white "block" around it. People tend to do that when they start doing renders. X.xGreat job. ;)

hmmm i would think that was directed towards me but i get all my srouces from gamerenders, so you have nothing me, plus he got the render from my fine tuned packages.

hey snlil after doing all your brushes and render and colors make a new laer then ctrl+athen go to edit>stroke and then use these setting 3px blakc 2px white 1px blackthat shout hel you out

hmmm i would think that was directed towards me but i get all my srouces from gamerenders, so you have nothing me, plus he got the render from my fine tuned packages.

164023[/snapback]

How in the world would I be directing that towards you? You don't do any of that stuff. ;)

Wow. That looks really good. Nice blending work there.

Someone has to tell me how to make those borders -- clearly. *cough*

9.8/10

164049[/snapback]

What Mike said, but instead of WHITE on the 2px part, set the blending mode (in the stroke menu) to clear. Makes it easier to use.

hmm learning something new every day, might have to try that on top of everything else that i forgot ;)well i did do it if you all remember one of my first sigs with cloud in it, i pulled it off of yahoo XP but now im can render with the best of them.

hmm learning something new every day, might have to try that on top of everything else that i forgot ;)

well i did do it if you all remember one of my first sigs with cloud in it, i pulled it off of yahoo XP but now im can render with the best of them.

164111[/snapback]

Meh, I was talking in general.

Also, it's easier if you know how to make actions...you can make an action for the 3px border...I have one for that, and a few other things (starting a new 450x150 sig and adding a black border, switching the foreground color to white for brushing)

Oh, and if you want, you can use "normal" mode on the 2px part and use white or a different color to have that between the two black ones...if you use the sigs "detail" color (as opposed to the main color.) that usually looks nice too.

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

leave the white "block" around it

163993[/snapback]

You mean the whitespace? The same whitespace that Michael had in his render?

hey snlil after doing all your brushes and render and colors make a new laer then ctrl+a

then go to edit>stroke and then use these setting 3px blakc 2px white 1px black

that shout hel you out

164070[/snapback]

Do I need to make a new layer after each stroke or should I do them one-at-a-time on one layer?

No, you do alll the strokes in one layer. Thanks for the 9.8, geeze ;). I think this is probably my best sig yet.

You mean the whitespace? The same whitespace that Michael had in his render?

Do I need to make a new layer after each stroke or should I do them one-at-a-time on one layer?

164215[/snapback]

No, not transparent space...like, a fully uncut render, with a big white background still on it.

And no, it doesn't really matter if you put the srtokes on seperate layers or not...it might make it easier if you decide to edit them later...but I just stick them all on one layer to save time and space.

That'd be one with the 2px part as white, on a overlay or hard light blending mode. I never really liked those kind though.

i use most of the tme overlay on the border.to answer about the strokes on the layers i just do one like johnny said its alot easier to do.action???