xisto Community
snlildude87

(snlildude87) Nguyen's Sig?! my attempt

Okay, here's something I whipped up in 5 minutes. No lie.

Posted Image

Just say it. It sucks. How could you do this to your first sig? Oh well.

Rate/comment/criticize

Edit: Whoops. I made the sig too wide. Oh well x2

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

well snlil time to rip apart your sig MUHAHAHAHAHA :Dlets start with the render, not blending in well due to the filter background you used.filter looks nice due to the colors except for the light filter that you used on it.could use a border 3px black 2px white 1px blackthe only good thing is the font its self.5/10 for starting out read them tutorials snlil and soon you can become as great as me.

Okay, lets see here...the text and render fit together, but not the bg. If you switched out the text and render, or switched out the bg, for a more suitable one, it'd flow pretty nicely.Um, you're not doing bad color-wise, but the tank is a bit off in that department.Also, the tank is kinda dark, so you might wanna boost the brightness/contrast just a smidge (wow I sound gay)...Um, overall, not bad for your first sig...but why's everyone start out with filters? I started with brushing. O.oIt's okay though, nice job. And you can always ask me if you need help with something...just not like...constantly. I already get a LOT of sig questions all the time, but I'm sure I can spare some time to help you out.

not bad,better than me when started at least.it looks a little dark to appreciate the powerful tank with the abstract bg...i have no idea about designing this kind of sig(a little complex)...maybe i can get some good thought from you:Pumm,first time...i rate the one 8.5/10

or come to johnny's second in command in sigs, well i justed started out with filters not knowing that brushes exsisted thats my excuse.

could use a border 3px black 2px white 1px black

the only good thing is the font its self.

163678[/snapback]

Yeah, Brooks showed me how to do that, but instead of the "2px white" part, he said "2px clear." Being a Photoshop newbie, I have no idea where to find the color "clear." :(

Okay, lets see here...the text and render fit together, but not the bg. If you switched out the text and render, or switched out the bg, for a more suitable one, it'd flow pretty nicely.

Um, you're not doing bad color-wise, but the tank is a bit off in that department.

Also, the tank is kinda dark, so you might wanna boost the brightness/contrast just a smidge (wow I sound gay)...

Um, overall, not bad for your first sig...but why's everyone start out with filters? I started with brushing. O.o

It's okay though, nice job. And you can always ask me if you need help with something...just not like...constantly. I already get a LOT of sig questions all the time, but I'm sure I can spare some time to help you out.

163688[/snapback]

About the background...I was going for a jungly feel. You know...because tanks are usually in the jungle. Right? RIGHT?! *innocent look*

Why is everyone starting out with renders? Well maybe because all good-tutorials has are freaking filters! (I was taking the rage out of good-tutorials, not you).

About the gay thing, *wishes there were a nod smilie* :D

Yeah, Brooks showed me how to do that, but instead of the "2px white" part, he said "2px clear." Being a Photoshop newbie, I have no idea where to find the color "clear." ;)

About the background...I was going for a jungly feel. You know...because tanks are usually in the jungle. Right? RIGHT?! *innocent look*

Why is everyone starting out with renders? Well maybe because all good-tutorials has are freaking filters! (I was taking the rage out of good-tutorials, not you).

About the gay thing, *wishes there were a nod smilie* :D

163845[/snapback]

Yes, tanks are usually in the jungle, but odd yellow circle things aren't. :D

"Why is everyone starting out with renders?" I think that was supposed to be "Why is everyone starting out with FILTERS?"...anyway, yeah, I understand...for some odd reason people think filter tutorials are GOOD. :(

I'll do some good ones. I promise.

WHEN I'm doing them...that's a different story. X.x

you forgot contra from nes they had circles in the jungle, yeah im interested what kind of filter tuts you come out with.

you forgot contra from nes they had circles in the jungle, yeah im interested what kind of filter tuts you come out with.

167336[/snapback]

No, I didn't mean I'm doing good filter tuts, I meant I'm doing good tuts in general.

167336[/snapback]

Yeah, I don't play video games...except for Need For Speed Underground, and I think Brooks was talking about how he's gonna make a good sig using filters. :-/

Yeah, I don't play video games...except for Need For Speed Underground, and I think Brooks was talking about how he's gonna make a good sig using filters. :-/

167422[/snapback]

No, I was saying that filter tutorials generally suck, so I'll be making you guys some of the -good- kind.

No, I was saying that filter tutorials generally suck, so I'll be making you guys some of the -good- kind.

167462[/snapback]

'kay whatever. I'm looking forward to it when it comes out in 200 years.

'kay whatever. I'm looking forward to it when it comes out in 200 years.

167640[/snapback]

Nah...won't take that long, by far.

20-50.

20-50 by then i would have no need to usea computer and or doing graphics, but i am trying to look for filter tutorials and im not talking about the crappy ones trying to look for make sigs.

20-50 by then i would have no need to usea computer and or doing graphics, but i am trying to look for filter tutorials and im not talking about the crappy ones trying to look for make sigs.

167898[/snapback]

I'm nowhere near good enough to show you guys how to make good sigs with filters. Maybe a little effect here and there, like sparkles, or something, but nothing too advanced.