xisto Community
wakelim

Harry Potter Films - Just Kids Films Or Good Drama What do you think of the HP films?

I don't know about u but I think there's been two major problems with the HP films so far.Philosopher's Stone was well and faithfully portrayed in terms of sets and things, but the child acting was frankly painful at times and the plot was probably the least sofisticated of all the Harry Potter books.Chamber of Secrets is probably my favourite film so far in the series. The plot is quite good and the action scenes are really quite decent. The acting is still not quite up to scatch from some members of the cast (like Daniel Radcliffe and the actor who plays Ron) but, overall, not a bad effort.I really disliked Prisoner of Azkaban. The acting was solid all the way through for once, but I was disappointed to see that the film disregarded all the rest of the Harry Potter franchise in terms of books, films and games in several areas. For a start there appears to be a fifty foot gap down to Hagrid's hut and a bridge that certainly wasn't there and in fact was filmed as not being there in the other two films. The pupils aren't in school uniform either for about 95% of the film, which is weird. The dementors fly, instead of the gliding along the ground described in the books. :D Srry I do tend to go off on one about PoA.Moving on, the Goblet of Fire teaser trailer is now out, available via the Harry Potter website at /harrypottermovie?_fb_noscript=1 and through http://www.mugglenet.com/. I think it looks really decent and should be interesting come November.So, what do others think? I certianly know that some people have been very sceptical about tht HP films, and the frachise in general, but others love them.

I absolutely hate the movies. They leave out so many plot details, and the acting's only subpar. If they cut out all the angst and put more story into it, it'd be sooooo much better.Let's see: Sorcerer's Stone: Fell asleep shortly after they were led into the castleChamber of Secrets: Fell asleep during one of the random hallway scenesPrisoner of Azkaban: Would have fallen asleep, but I had too much caffeine.The Goblet of Fire looks like it'll be the same way. It'll probably have the Yule Ball as the highlight instead of the actual plot, judging by the trailer. This is why books >>>>>> movies 90% of the time.

I'm a fan of the books but I don't like the movies much except maybe prisoner of azkaban because of the cinematography. but I'm still looking forward to the fourth. :D

I have a word or two to say about the Harry Potter films that I've seen so far (only two...I can't comment on Prisoner of Azkaban since I haven'T watched it yet)The first movie (Philosopher's Stone) introduces the characters well and follows the story very well, even if some of the details were left out. To be sure, the child acting got to me a bit, but some of the supporting cast did a great job (Alan Rickman as Snape, for example).The second movie (Chamber of Secrets) is even better than the first. The characters have matured, and the overall tone is a darker one this time around. The actor who plays the title character has really come into his own in this film, and generally the film itself qualifies as good drama.I haven't seen Prisoner yet, but judging from the previews last year the tone of the series gets darker as it progresses.

ok, i kind of like the movies... hehehe Daniel Radcliffe it's an excellent actor, i've seen him in his other movies and i like him ^?^U but well, i like much more the books, PoA was a totall Failure.. Lupin T_TU i didn't imagine Lupin like that but it's sexy anyway *?*! anyways in book 5 OotP he has long hair o,o (well not that long just like.. till the ear) cutee~ but well, PoA was the dissapointment of all the movies, sorcerer's stone was interesting, it follow the story (mostly) Chamber of Secrets, well they had to restrain some parts because of the lenght of the book i understood.. but Prisioner of Azkaban! firstly i didn't imagine Sirius like that ><! my beloved sirius ;_; (ok this is an angry fan speaking LOL sorry xD) then the dementors... they don't fly!!! Awesome-Sexy-Lupin seemed a little gay in some parts (cof the bridge cof) and they didn't follow the story.. (im speaking on scenarios) ah Cuar?n whyy T?T

ok, i kind of like the movies... hehehe Daniel Radcliffe it's an excellent actor, i've seen him in his other movies and i like him ^Ź^U but well, i like much more the books, PoA was a totall Failure.. Lupin T_TU i didn't imagine Lupin like that but it's sexy anyway *Ź*! anyways in book 5 OotP he has long hair o,o (well not that long just like.. till the ear) cutee~ but well, PoA was the dissapointment of all the movies, sorcerer's stone was interesting, it follow the story (mostly) Chamber of Secrets, well they had to restrain some parts because of the lenght of the book i understood.. but Prisioner of Azkaban! firstly i didn't imagine Sirius like that ><! my beloved sirius ;_; (ok this is an angry fan speaking LOL sorry xD) then the dementors... they don't fly!!! Awesome-Sexy-Lupin seemed a little gay in some parts (cof the bridge cof) and they didn't follow the story.. (im speaking on scenarios) ah Cuarón whyy TŹT

163825[/snapback]

The main thing was that they didn't follow the story OR reveal who wrote the Marauder's Map, a key part of the Potter legacy at Hogwarts. They picked a good actor for Lupin but I imagined him as more straggly, less well groomed. Sirius looked exactly like I'd expected him and Gary Oldman played him well. True, they all would have looked better without facial hair.

I never think of any of the children as good actors/actresses because their roles demand so little of them. Lupin was only being paternal to Harry - that involves close contact and reassurance. Besides, when did being gay make you a horrible person?

I would of liked PoA a little more if I hadn't read the book, they left quite a bit out. I'm really looking forward to the next one. It's going to be rated PG-13 so maybe, possibly, they will be able to make it as scary as it was in the book. The underwater part looks pretty cool as well.

They moved up to a pg-13 rating recently so that alone means its not just a kids film anymore. Anyways, they never really were "Just kids films" because the books were popular with adults as well, and now that the actors have grown I think they will appeal to more people now. Either way, I'm 19 and I enjoy it and my boss at blockbuster is in his 30's and enjoys it...my sister is in here 20's and she loves them. In some cases I think adults enjoy them more than kids. I'd consider them action suspense movies rather than drama's if it wasn't a family movie.

I think that in the new movie, Harry's hair looks really bad B)Well, I didn't really like the first ones I think...There were some nice spots in them I guess but the rest wasn't that good--I heard that they got a new director or something like that for the new harry potter film? if they didn't they're supposed to totally redo it I think, hence, the PG-13 rating.It's good to see that they're moving up on the content as the books are too with each volume...But even though, I still think that PG-13 is gonna have to be the highest that they go up to--if it somehow becomes R then I think they'd have to edit it B)

Everybody talks about Harry Potter. I don't like the book (I hate reading a book) and the movie is unrealistic but that's the clue. Harry Potter is ugly he is a look like of our prime mister or reverse (sorry for the people who like Harry Potter. I live in Holland and I shame for him. Here is a photo of our Prime mister of Holland:

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/

B) Lol what a Harry Potter a real wannabe!!B) B)