xisto Community
underworldskateboards

Mtv Music Videos Why are they all gangster rap?

It's not rap that sucks, its hit music in general that really just blows. If you want to hear good music, you shouldn't be watching MTV in the first place, end of story. They play the music they are paid to play. It's all about the money.

162583[/snapback]

I agree. Same thing with the radio. If you want to hear good rap, look up who's good, then go to the store and buy the album(s).

Yeah I decided I am sick of all the music that's came out recently. The only good cd's i can think of that just came out are the disturber and foo fighters one. There has not been any great music out recently. Music has turned from good lyrics with interments and good beats to just plain crap that bands are putting out for money. Some of the local bands around me are better then the recent bands i have been hearing.Oh and sorry for my eailer post if anyone found it offensive.

Hmmm yea... there is too much rap on the TV lately, not that I mind but their lyrics are really crap... There is no message, they only rap about bling-bling, cars and women. My personal opinion is they just want to get the youth to think the same as what those rappers bribe about. I never see real rappers on there, rappers with a message other then money, cars, women and shooting. Rappers like Sabac, Immortal Technique and Outerspace, even one of the wisest commercial rappers, Eminem, is shown lesser and lesser, only because he as well has messages in is lyrics. Media-control sucks :D Peace

that's weird, because normally anytime i turn mtv on its always a rock or pop video...maybe i should watch it when you do to see the rap songs...although i dont really like any of the music out now, and most of the people i listen to are underground artists, atleast ill know they do play other things

I found that on Mtv that a lot of hip hip and pop is on during the day and late at night. I also found that Rock was on very late at night early in the morning and the morning. I guess the only time they showed them was when i was sleeping.........Which is bad because i really like music.

Man, I totally agree with you all. The only thing on is rap. I mean... does it even count as music? They're just talking and speaking their minds... which is money, cars and sex. Can you write down Rap songs as sheet music? Is rap a whole series of musical notes put together? Rap is definatly not, so it doesn't count as music and I don't know why the heck they put it on MTV. They should have a seperate channel with just rap because Rap isn't even music, so it shouldn't be going to "Music Television". And other then that, MTV should be playing various songs, not just rap, rock, and pop. Not that I'm saying Rock and pop suck (because rock is awesome!!!). MTV hasn't been keeping in update on what's popular and what's not, so they'll just stick with the old stuff that's been around for like...20...30 years....That's my opinion. Sorry if this offended anyone...

Yes, Rap is not music, its more. Well, it rap, its just nothing, it is bad though, you wont ever see any real music on MTV, on the odd chance you might get a scantily clad lady speaking through a synthesizer. But its all for the masses I guess, you will never see pink floyd or any other real music on MTV. Ah well, just stick to my MP3 collection

On MTV UK I hardly ever see music anymore, all they show is either Punk'd, Pimp My Ride, Made or programs like that, the last time I saw music on MTV was a couple months back!

Yeah, to be honest, I dont even watch MTV any more, partially do to this rap being shown I really dont like it and revert to my trusty minidisc player. Pimp my ride is humourous occasionally, but i detest american television, and I just cant stand it.

To anyone who says that rap is not music, I have no respect for you or your tastes in music. It most certainly is music and if you say otherwise, you are wrong. Now, I don't like rap, except for the occasional song (maybe one or two songs a year), but many people do. It's just another thing that people like based on their own preferences. Why is it that people feel the need to fight over MUSIC? Fools.

ok, everyone, we all have our differences in our tastes in music, myself, I don't really enjoy rap (gives me a headache) but to some people they love it, i guess it all depends on who the person is that is listening to the music! ;)

Good point, Cerb. But there are people who have devoted their lives to music. Like... musicians? Such as myself...and since they devoted their lives to music, do you think they're going to not fight for it when someone disses it?Maybe, in a way, rap is fine as long as theres SOME singng in it. Or, they're trying to get a message across. But theres more music then just rap, and to me, rap is getting too old that we need a new kind of music genre to fuss about. (and probably a new genre that leads kinds to no robery, gangsters and such...)

This music is known as R+G, or rythum and gangsta, the kind of stuff thats in San Andreas, sorry cerb, its a valid point. But I am going to stick up for my standings when it comes to music.

There's no point in telling me about musicians and devoting your life to music ;). My whole life is music, and I play bass. You mention the lyrics, and make the point that if there is actual singing it is music. What about instrumentals? What about symphonies?Your logic is flawed, and your points are invalid. Don't get me wrong. I think the music is overhyped, myself. But, it's what people like, and there's no denying that. It's not leaving any time soon.

Im no musician here, people like things that you dislike, this normally means you disregard them, and If you destest these things, they may not fall under the category of what the product is specified for. An example of this: You may intensly dislike Cheese, and therefore may not regard it as food. The way I feel is the same about Rap, I do not regard as music.