xisto Community
underworldskateboards

Mtv Music Videos Why are they all gangster rap?

I am really mad right now because of mtv. I wake up every morning and watch it to see some cool music videos and that really helps wake me up. Lately i have noticed that whenever i watch it there has been ganster rap on (also know as hip hop) that makes me mad because I don't like rap. So normally i just change the channel to MTV2 and today i did because i was sick of gangster rap so i turn the channel and what's on mtv2 gangster rap. So i change the channel to VH1 and there was rap on. So i was really upset because there was all rap on. So i got over it and i went to the fair later that day and they were playing music which is cool but the music was all rap music.I am just mad because i can't find any good music on tv anymore so now i listen to the radio in the morning because rap is always on. Well that's why i am mad i just thought i would share that with you. Typing this has accually made me less mad. That's cool!

oh mad B) i think you can just give up television if you can be online..try some soft music download from internet i think .. :P if you not have some time to doing that so you can buy some soft music on store...and if you don't have time to do shoping you just searching for the programme list of MTV...then try to find which time they broadcasting rap but which time they don't then you can choose that time to turn on the tv to watch them oha..is that all right

Ahh, a rap-hater, huh? Do you at least like old-school rap? If not, what music do you like?I agree with you that the rap nowadays sucks. I mean, they're playing stuff from Fat Joe telling us that he's gonna get it poppin' at 1 in the morning. We also have a guy who has to get the crowd to say his name at least 6 times. There is also someone telling girls to give him that.On the other hand, there are some pretty good rap music out there, but MTV refuse to play that because it's not "headbanging" enough....that's life.

Yeah it's not that i hate all rap it's just there is no good rap on mtv normally. I am into more of rock music. Some of my favorite bands are audioslave, nickelback, nivana, foo fighters, kid rock, ac/dc, metallica, and guns n roses. I just wish they would show some rock on there because that would be really cool.I like old school rap but the new stuff is just disturbing some rapper sings about killing his daughter and rapping his mom is just plain weird

i'm wondering where you live, cause all get is pop. I hate pop makes the radio completely unbareable. And it's kind of ridiculus to think that mtv will cater to your particular needs. They follow the general trend, cater to a much larger group of people.
If your really that mad then right a letter.
round

i agree their is nothing but rap on mtv, yeah i agree their are some good ones but when its a bunch of no bodies doing their thang its get retard you only can say booty so many time in 3 minutesback in the day wehre it was actually mix genre of music on mtv, well its life and don't forget mtv is like in downtown ny city.

I like old school rap but the new stuff is just disturbing some rapper sings about killing his daughter and rapping his mom is just plain weird

162248[/snapback]

Umm, what rapper is that? Don't mention Eminem because he loves the hell out of his daughter. Listen to Hailey's Song and Mockingbird

i'm wondering where you live, cause all get is pop. I hate pop makes the radio completely unbareable. And it's kind of ridiculus to think that mtv will cater to your particular needs. They follow the general trend, cater to a much larger group of people.

If your really that mad then right a letter.

162338[/snapback]

I think MTV shows the same thing across the country since it's on basic cable. If it were to show different types of songs, then it would be on local channels -- not cable.

Yeah it's true that they are trying to follow what more people like but they should mix it up because i think people start liking the new day rap because they ajust because that's all that's really on. It's also true about the pop music being on. All i get on there is gangster rap and pop music but most of it is rap.I wasn't talking about him. He is one of the few rappers i can listen to.

I forgot who it was but he sings this one song and it goes likeI k***ed my mom and r***d my daughterI Drilled my boy tom and draped my haughterit's hard to understand because they are just making up words so it rymes

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Please watch the language content. Graphical language isn't needed to make your point. This is your last caution warning.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I know what you mean! I don't watch MTV anymore because pretty much all they play is rap. I dislike rap with a passion, I can't stand it. I no longer watch TV to listen to music, it's either the radio or CDs.

I know what you mean! I don't watch MTV anymore because pretty much all they play is rap. I dislike rap with a passion, I can't stand it. I no longer watch TV to listen to music, it's either the radio or CDs.

162544[/snapback]

I happen to love rap. The newer rap kinda sucks, but the old ones rock.