xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sachavdk

Photoshop - Removing Red Eyes How to remove red eyes

Since I haven't found any tutorials on how to remove red eyes, I'm gonna explain it in a very short way. (Removing them is far easier than you probably think).

What we first need is a photo of someone with red eyes like the picture below

Posted Image

What we are going to do next is adding an "Adjustment Layer". Goto Layer => New Adjustment Layer => Channel Mixer

Posted Image

When you get a dialog "New layer" press OK.

Now in the next dialog copy these settings:

Posted Image

Press OK.

The image should look weird, but don't mind that.

Now press D to reset your colors. (Your foregroundcolor should be white and your backcolor black)

Then press LeftControl+Backspace, and the image will seem to look like before when you loaded it (with red eyes). If not check that you did everything correct.

Now select the brush tool with these settings:

Posted Imagemake the size of the brush the same size as the one of the orphan.

Now hold your brush exactly above the orphan and click one or several times. The red eye should become black like this one:

Posted Image

Simple eh?

what's really strange is that when i did a search in google, on how to remove red eye i found that there were pages and pages full of the same info.round.trap17.com

hmm that is bad of a tutorial, the brush take it right now and you can't even tell if a brushed has been used.

what's really strange is that when i did a search in google, on how to remove red eye i found that there were pages and pages full of the same info.

round.trap17.com

162337[/snapback]

Hmm, yes, though I wrote this tutorial myself and it's based on how I have found to remove red eyes in photoshop. It's something I accidentally found when I was trying to color a black/white picture for school.

hmm that is bad of a tutorial, the brush take it right now and you can't even tell if a brushed has been used.

162357[/snapback]

What do you mean with you can't even tell if a brush has been used?

Hmm, yes, though I wrote this tutorial myself and it's based on how I have found to remove red eyes in photoshop. It's something I accidentally found when I was trying to color a black/white picture for school.What do you mean with you can't even tell if a brush has been used?

I'm sorry I read your reply wrong. I said I didn't find any tut but I meant on this forum :P.

Erm there is an easier wayAnd its compatible in every photoshop other than the first cs.If you right click your heal tool, yup the one that looks like a plaster The bottom selection of 4 I think is the red eye removal tool..Now click any where near the pupil and hey presto a nice neat pupil. And you dont even need to be too close.As the programing searches for a specific tone so as long as your not miles of it will work, go a head try it