xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
atm

What Could It Be

Hello GuysLast month my computer suddenly malfunctioned.It booted normally as if everything is fine, once you press any key on the keyboard (including numlock, F1 F2..., and the arrows) the mouse curser just freezes but all the programs are still normally working in the background. The only way to fix this situation was to format my PC.So what do you think? Was it some kind virus that I caught from the internet or was it a certain error in Windows? :PB)B)

Most likely to be a Windows error, either drivers being out of date or a port geting damaged. Perhaps you were overloading the CPU with too many programs at once? Who knows, but glad to hear you've got it working again.

Hi atm,What could it be ???> virus ...maybe> windows OS ..maybe> other hardware problem.. maybeCan only speculate because not enough info provided & now since you reformatted the computer HD.. there's now way to check now.Just to be safe..- make sure you have a good firewall & ant-virus installed.. you do don't you ??- do a complets system hardware troubleshooting check.. just to make sure you don't have something "going bad" on you.If you need links for programs or help with the hardware check you can see my website for help.Good luckRGPHNX

This may seem like a silly reason for the mouse problem.. However, first keep in mind that I have been building and repairing computers for just over 20 years now... I started back before there were such things as mice and color monitors.The most common reason for mouse freeze-ups is a faulty power supply.One of the most important things on a PC is to have a power supply that consistantly provides steady power, and maintains the correct voltages.Quite often when you purchase a new PC, or even if you build it yourself and just buy a case with a power supply.. the power supply included with the system is the cheapest one available to the manufacturer.I would strongly suggest purchasing a new power supply... Something like a Vantec or Powmax. They have very good reputations for building very good power supplies.Typically you can get one of these power supplies for under $40.. so it is a worthwile investment.You might also be surprised at how much better the rest of the system runs if you get one of these. You may even notice a slight speed increase, and cooler temperatures.

Amazing how some seemingly completely different things in a computer can influence one another... But, everything inside a computer is connected I suppose... I have had a similar problem, that I believe is connected to power supply, but... I'll open a nwe topic for that :P Ckuehner, I would appreciate it if you would give me your oppinion on the matter at hand B)

hmmm it could be the just the simple programming error with the mouse? or the fact the mouse could old or the wiring maybe.