xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny

Newer Sigs

Okay, I haven't really been making many sigs for myself lately, just lots of gifts. Anyway, here's another set of new ones:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not my best by far. In a bit of a slump. I don't think they're TOO bad though. 3,4,8,9,10 seem alright to me.

You know the deal. Rate/comment/criticize.

(You can also find these and pretty much ALL of my graphics on my blog. Check it out. You'll like it. I promise. :P)

all are good except for number 2 the render seems off, might be the hair looks to final fantasy 7 (blocky).

I'll say this straight up. Number 5 sucks. Not enough effects, and I know you could do better. When I first saw it, I thought, "Wow, for a sig that was 'bolded-red' in priority, this one sure sucks." Then, I saw 6 and 7, and I knew Johnny wasn't "smoking the good stuff" while making it.The render on number 4 does not match the background.I don't like the blue "M" on number 10. It looks a bit off.For number 9, the render could look a bit better. Choose a real-life rapper for instance instead of a cartoon one.For number 8, the render's muscle is weird. He looks like skinny, but yet, built.Everything else that I did not mention, superb.And what ever happened to your tutorials??

hmmm maybe johnny hasn't had enough of the good stuff maybe thats why he was off today , well at least this group of sigs.with 5 though i would have made it more cutesy then a bad case of nightmares for a 5 year old

In general, I feel your text is letting you down Johnny. Maybe try some more complex text tutorials on Good-Tutorials or something?1 - Don't really like the brushing, but colours are good. Font is pretty good too, but I don't think it should be transperant.2 - Render and font look a bit out of place. Not particuarly liking this one... sorry.3 - Better than 2, the render fits, blends in better, and matches colour wise. Once again, the font ain't so great, perhaps a tech/San Serif font is better.4 - Brushing is nice on this one, though perhaps not the best colour for the render. I feel the text is too small and too transperant for the sig though.5 - It feels too dark, with black and red, with a grey stripe. I think it needs brightening to match the happy cartoon Pucca render. Somehow it's just not working so well as a "simple" style sig.6 - If you could blend the render in a bit better, this Chobits one would be quite nice. Maybe just make the font more outstanding too.7 - Not too complex, and quite unique looking. I like it, cept for the brown colour in the background.8 - Brushing looks a bit rough, but it probably wouldn't matter if the font/text didn't highlight it so much. It really needs to have a more independant effect (ie, text colour not determined by background). 9 - Not bad, but feels a little empty up the top left.10 - Nice abstract brushing, good tech feel. I would just say make the text more dominant to fill up more space :P

all are good except for number 2 the render seems off, might be the hair looks to final fantasy 7 (blocky).

161769[/snapback]

Yeah, I know...which is why I basically redid the entire sig to make #3. :P

I'll say this straight up. Number 5 sucks. Not enough effects, and I know you could do better. When I first saw it, I thought, "Wow, for a sig that was 'bolded-red' in priority, this one sure sucks." Then, I saw 6 and 7, and I knew Johnny wasn't "smoking the good stuff" while making it.

The render on number 4 does not match the background.

I don't like the blue "M" on number 10. It looks a bit off.

For number 9, the render could look a bit better. Choose a real-life rapper for instance instead of a cartoon one.

For number 8, the render's muscle is weird. He looks like skinny, but yet, built.

Everything else that I did not mention, superb.

And what ever happened to your tutorials??

161804[/snapback]

Yeah, I know #3 sucks...I was trying to do another defaults-only simplistic sig, like the one I did for Plague09, but it fell short. =/

(That was the "prototype" Diana sig...before the red boldyness. B))

4. True...I was trying to avoid a monotone sig, but I could've made it multicolor and had parts match, I s'pose. Meh....I blame Saint Mike. B)

10. (hm...why'd you start going backwards) Anyway, yeah, meh...I like my blue M. B)

9. I believe that's actually 50-cent...but yeah, I don't like that render either, but that's the only other musical render I have aside from that one 50-cent one that's like WAAYYYYY overused. =/

8. I blame the original artist. ^-^

hmmm maybe johnny hasn't had enough of the good stuff maybe thats why he was off today , well at least this group of sigs.

with 5 though i would have made it more cutesy then a bad case of nightmares for a 5 year old

161811[/snapback]

The good stuff? The only god stuff I have is candycanes, gumdrops and pink unicorns. Homie.

5. Lol... "Come here honey....come to Pucca...I won't HURT you." :D

Thanks to you all for the comments. I 'perciate it. Now, back to KoRn. ^-^

*START OF MERGED POST*

The renders on 2 and 4 are off. The rest look pretty good. :D

Keep up the fine work. :D

161816[/snapback]

Heh, thanks.

In general, I feel your text is letting you down Johnny. Maybe try some more complex text tutorials on Good-Tutorials or something?

1 - Don't really like the brushing, but colours are good. Font is pretty good too, but I don't think it should be transperant.

2 - Render and font look a bit out of place. Not particuarly liking this one... sorry.

3 - Better than 2, the render fits, blends in better, and matches colour wise. Once again, the font ain't so great, perhaps a tech/San Serif font is better.

4 - Brushing is nice on this one, though perhaps not the best colour for the render. I feel the text is too small and too transperant for the sig though.

5 - It feels too dark, with black and red, with a grey stripe. I think it needs brightening to match the happy cartoon Pucca render. Somehow it's just not working so well as a "simple" style sig.

6 - If you could blend the render in a bit better, this Chobits one would be quite nice. Maybe just make the font more outstanding too.

7 - Not too complex, and quite unique looking. I like it, cept for the brown colour in the background.

8 - Brushing looks a bit rough, but it probably wouldn't matter if the font/text didn't highlight it so much. It really needs to have a more independant effect (ie, text colour not determined by background).

9 - Not bad, but feels a little empty up the top left.

10 - Nice abstract brushing, good tech feel. I would just say make the text more dominant to fill up more space B)

161817[/snapback]

I know, I suck at text...

Anyway, I'm not gonna make up excuses for all my shortcomings this time. I'll be a man and admit I've been doing crappy work lately. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Alrighty, THANKS guys. You're all awesome in the facial area. :D

Notice from Johnny:
Merged my posts, because I left out two replies in the first one.

wow thats a frist johnny bashing his own work

5. Lol... "Come here honey....come to Pucca...I won't HURT you."

thats just distrubing right there. let me guess the pink unicorns talk to you as well?

looking at number 2 again maybe adding a blur to it would get rid of the block like hair.

wow thats a frist johnny bashing his own work

thats just distrubing right there.  let me guess the pink unicorns talk to you as well?

looking at number 2 again maybe adding a blur to it would get rid of the block like hair.

161875[/snapback]

Nah, it's not a "frist". I've never been COMPLETELY satisfied with any of my art. I doubt I ever will be. There's always room for improvement.

Yes, the pink unicorns tell me of magical places where we can fly free forever and ever.

And I did blur number 2, the hair was really pixelated at first. You have the render, look for yourself. :P

but that's the only other musical render I have aside from that one 50-cent one that's like WAAYYYYY overused. =/

Overused?? I have never seen you used 50-cent in any of your sigs before.

By the way, "Fitty" sucks as a rapper. Just a little side not.

Not always, but this batch particuarly.

161967[/snapback]

True.

Overused?? I have never seen you used 50-cent in any of your sigs before.

By the way, "Fitty" sucks as a rapper. Just a little side not.

162045[/snapback]

Not my sigs, but on Gamerenders and NOS there's one render that I've seen batrillions of times.

And the best rap is the old school rap, cause it was more hip-hop.