xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryoma Taka

Can't Login Into Ftp Sometimes I cant log-in to FTP

Sometimes I can't login to FTP. Is this because there are too many users on? I use WS_FTP LE and it says my connection was refused and failed....One more question. my website URL sometimes does not work. Sometimes I need to add the "www" and sometimes and need to remove it. Is there anyway I can fix these problems? Thanks!

I havent had any problems logging in since i've started using this service. If you're having trouble logging into your account through an ftp client, chances are that you spelled the host name wrong. To login into through ftp you have to put the host name as: ftp.cpanel_username.trap17.com ; hope this helps.

Thanks, but I still couldn't login. Yesterday morning, when I first recieved my hosting account I was able to login and view my website. Now, my website isn't working at all, I can't login into my FTP account, and I can't login into my Cpanel.

Hi Ryoma Taka,If you have double checked all the syntax (ie. spelling is Case sensitive) in your FTP client program and your still having problems logging in... then maybe it's a problem with your FTP client software (ie. WS_FTP LE program.)You might want to try "FileZilla" program. It's very user friendly & free.If your still having problems getting your website to come up at all... then maybe you need to post a request for the admins help in the forums. Someone will get back to you.Hope this helpsRGPHNX

then maybe it's a problem with your FTP client software (ie. WS_FTP LEĀ  program.)

I doubt it's the program, cause i use WS_FTP also and i can log into my account from there. But, maybe the reason can be caused by a firewall that's installed. I had to unblock my WS_FTP program from my firewall to make it work.

i just not sure why you are so many connection problem with ftp i just not met so so questions.i give you advice is: to bind a domain,but not using yourname.trap17.comi have using the addon domain for so long a time,not corrupted not have the problem as that.ps you just can view other ftp address..they still not connected? or it's the isp problem?you should give what type you connected to internet with your isp.then the problem will be soluted