xisto Community
downloadme

Windows Xp Hate it or Love it?

I aint got any problems with WIn XP. It is ok for me for everything I have to do with my comp. Well, i will say that it is kinda slow cos of all the softs that it comes with (unlike the prvious versions of WIN).BUT generally it is ok for me.

I have no problems the speed of Windows XP.Your problem with the resolution might actually be ur graphics driver playing up.The only thing I have been warned to watch out for it Windows XP SP2 as its unstable and very annoying with all the popups, I have seen whole computers just die after installing it. So If you want to install SP2 just watch out, take it slowly and dont install it if you dont know what your doing.

if windows is incorrectly setting your display resolution, are you sure your videocard is able to handle 12200x1800 resolution? the one it is getting set to is maybe your max. windows has way too much going on at once, pointless things are always running.

Hate it
worst Windows EVER..

i call it M$ WINBLOWS...a BUG COMPILATION! <_<

Seems you dont really like MicroSoft hatebreed.....Well, thats your choice.

I would say use it and to find out what is the best for you. I already installed Linux on my system. But to be honest I am used to Windows style. And if I started with Linux in the first place, I guess my first choice would be Linux. If using wisely both system can be strong, so it really depends on a person that is using the system, if it is fool-proof. <_<

i love windows xp. i am an experienced computer user, since before there was windows 3.1i think windows owns.waaaaaaaaaaay better than any mac *BLEEP*...and linux seems to move slowly. i don't like it

zenchi, i don't think that is windows XP fault either, i use windows xp all the time and i use 1024x768 and it works fine.also, i don't think it's windows fault your computer is slow. maybe you need more ram, or more processor speed?

"Why to pay for crap, when you get better things for Free" Windows xp has been in for long time like win 98. MS is trying to change the OS usage in upcoming future thus revamping the OS for pay for services rather than pay for software. And this upturn will fill in $$$ to MS and will cut out pockets of users.

All this activation control is going to create a backlash of unhappy campers. It is this more than anything else that is pushing people away and into the arms of the competition. But as usual, no one in charge is listening. Or maybe they are listening and just out of control.

I rather go backward 1 version (Windows 2000). I found a hidden feature for Windows XP, it's called "Eat itself". Both my cousin and I found this feature, the thing the activate it is unknown. Our computers ate itself. That's y I'm afraid to use WinXP, so I rather use Win2K.

Heck, y bother use Windows. I got better choices, SuSE Linux, Mac and SkyOS!

xboxrulz

Long Live Linux, Long live Open Source Software