xisto Community
downloadme

Windows Xp Hate it or Love it?

I do hear that longhorn will be better as should technically windows 2004 which I heard might actually be something coming out even though 2004 is virtually over.

I do hear that longhorn will be better as should technically windows 2004 which I heard might actually be something coming out even though 2004 is virtually over.

it will be real kool if MicroSoft will release the Windows Server 2004. I believe that it will have more features compared to the 2003 counterpart. And will be more user friendly too.

I hate it. I have no choice but to use it as all the programs I use on a regular basis are tailored for it. I wish Windows 98 was still popular. Since its what is "the norm" right now I will continue to use it. I highly recommend PRO over HOME. It is definitely the better of two evils.

Windows XP is great: except for the activation bs. But if you have the corporate version, there is no activation. Longhorn looks promising, but I hear that microsoft may be in bed with the MPAA & RIAA (2 evil monopolies) to make DRM (Digital Rights Management) integrated into Longhorn. DRM is horrible, because it takes the control away from the user and gives it to the big evil record and film companies.Boycott the RIAA and MPAA!

Windows XP is great: except for the activation bs. But if you have the corporate version, there is no activation. Longhorn looks promising, but I hear that microsoft may be in bed with the MPAA & RIAA (2 evil monopolies) to make DRM (Digital Rights Management)  integrated into Longhorn. DRM is horrible, because it takes the control away from the user and gives it to the big evil record and film companies.
Boycott the RIAA and MPAA!

I know but how do you get a window's update with a firewall.?

Well windows xp is pretty user friendly butit is a too user friendly because it is a little too easy to get past the passwords even for someone with only a fairly good knowledge of computers.

ive been wanting to try it...my current pc runs Windows 2000 Professional...I went out to buy the upgrade one day, but I heard people saying things about it crashing your computer sometimes...this I did not want...so I have never done it...

Well windows xp is pretty user friendly butit is a too user friendly because it
is a little too easy to get past the passwords even for someone
with only a fairly good knowledge of computers.

:) What do you mean rusty? Windows xp is supposed to be safe with the passwords. I mean if you lose your windows password (in case you lock your windows) nobody can break it :) (only by mistake maybe) :D

And by the way, the new windows is going to be released in 2006 (well, thats what i was told), so all you have to do is to wait for another 1.5 years. I'm sure it will be better than xp...

I like Xp but there are to many access problems
with all the problems these
days with viruses.

Get the Win XP SP2 which has all the security features to combat viruses, trojans, spywares and adwares. that should solve your problem of virus attacks.

I think Windows XP is a good operating system, but it's too easy for me...I'd like to try an operating system that's a little less user-friendly. I do like the XP's GUI, though. I kind of like older operating systems like Windows 95/98 more than XP. Oh, and even with Service Pack 2, XP will still probably be the OS that's mostly targeted by viruses. There's so many hackers out there, that they'll probably figure out how to bypass the new features that SP2 offers.