xisto Community
guangdian

Which Is Easier?, A Game Or An Animation? the animation i choose.

I might be getting Flash MX soon, and I would like to know which one is easy. I have been wanting to make a great FPS, after playing Xiao-Xiao 4, but I figured I should start out with something easier. So which one is easier to make, a game or an animation? Thank you.

Probably an animation. Games require calculating collision effects, point system, and most likely a whole lot more. You have to start out small...maybe get a ball to move from one end of the screen to the other. Then once you learn that, you can probably move on to better stuff. You know, baby steps.

I agree with what snlildude87 said. Although I do not have extensive experience with Flash or game production, I have played a number of them and seen my friends develop them. From my observations, it seems that you would need to be fairly fluent in animation to be able to use it for a game. So just start off with animation and then work up to more complicated works.

I might be getting Flash MX soon, and I would like to know which one is easy. I have been wanting to make a great FPS, after playing Xiao-Xiao 4, but I figured I should start out with something easier. So which one is easier to make, a game or an animation? Thank you.

160862[/snapback]

I'm going to venture out on a limb and say that, with Flash, animations are harder than making a game. Of course, this is only a special case, because some games are complicated while others are not.

For example, you mention Xiao Xiao 4. The program the creator used to create the scenery was Swift3D. It is a basic modelling program that exports a movie you create as a Flash SWF file. So, all he had to do was model the scenery, and then move a camera through it twisting and turning it to simulate movement. Then, he imports the animation into Flash, adds a few enemies that have to be animated strategically, and makes a menu, and he's done. If you notice, the enemies are very simple. They appear, they play through their animation, and when you click on them, they die. Very, cery simple programming. However, 90% of this game was animated, and very nicely animated, at that.

So, in this case, it is only fair to say that animation is harder, since it was most of the work.

Animations are easier, belive me.I am an animator and scripter.Games are just too much time wasting if you don't know how to do a great game or something.Do animations for at least two years. During the 2nd year, start learning ActionScript.

Well, I guess it would depend on which you have been more associated with in the past. For instance, if someone were a good artist, an animation would be easier.However, if you are well versed in the different computer command languages, creating a game may turn out to be just as easy as creating an animation. That was the case for me...well, good luck either way..:

In the begin you must start whis easy motions twins and other easy things! It is not easy to make good game! In the start u cant make normal game! It is inposibale, if u never use Flash before ! It very hard to do something without train! Beter learn how to use program then start make some thing! :P (sorry for ban english)

I believe that games are harder to make....but thats just me...plus I don't bother using flash for gammes..I prefer the rpg maker series or ika...or sphere....but its your choice....another thing...do you want likea 3d FPS or some thing like Doom?If your going for 3d then use blender3d(just google it) but if your going for 2d then use Flash I guess.....If you are ever interested in making an Rpg then visit my site and/or join my forums....jus click my sig....

I have flash, animations are easier because they dont involve asmuch scripting, start small, almost all beginers start out not animationg very well, but you get better over time. Just dont give up. :)

animation is alot easier to do and i will tell you why:1: all your doing is minipulating the images to do what they need to do.when it comes to programming games you have so many different aspects to do, sounds, graphics, maps, battles, weapons, character interactions, thats why it takes at least 1-2 years to put out a good game, and then you have to debug it as well which would taken even longer.