xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cain

New 88x31 Button Very Simple

Hey, I just made this little button using the design of Xisto.com's main page. It would go well on any site, all you need to do is simply type "Hosted By:" and then post the image. If there is any demand for me to make it so that the words "Hosted By:" are actually on the image then I'll make it, but until then, I hope this pleases everyone.

Posted Image

Very nice. It could use a bit more color though :P I use the big banner on the top of the page for my site. I might use this for my affiliates place(even though Xisto is on my site about 4 times!)

You know what would be nice, if the text had a floor reflection, or something..

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'll start working on that reflection you talked about in a little bit. So is there no request for it to say "Hosted By:" ?

No need to really have "Hosted By:" in there. If you put the button in a "special" place on your site, and give it a descript, people will know what it is. I just think it should be a tad more colorful and it'll be perfect!

Well, I used the idea of the reflection and here is what I came up with.

Posted Image

I hope this is what you guys meant. If you'd like me to change it or try a whole different look then by all means, please mention it.

I think that this also might solve or at least help the problem raised by KuBi of color. This slight reflection adds a bit more text (which has color) and therefore makes it a bit more colorful.

I think as of right now, it would work extremely well on any general site, particularly those that don't have white backgrounds, but at the same time it could give a smooth feel/appearance to those sites that are based around white.

Again, thanks for the ideas and comments so far, but anything new you guys come up with is awesome.

A very good effort on your part CAIN, but I disagree with the design concept, if the button is this big 88x31 I think it could be make more clear. I mean the text should be more visible. Clarity will count a lot, visitors aren't interested in seeing what is not very visible and appealing to their eyes. Meaning display will be there but no visitors to the link we provide. I suppose the text should be bigger and visible. And the best way to make it generally appear good is to use transparent background. If transparent background is used it could well match with all kinds of backgrounds since websites these days are really colorful and white background becomes lesser and lesser each day.

A very good effort on your part CAIN, but I disagree with the design concept, if the button is this big 88x31 I think it could be make more clear. I mean the text should be more visible. Clarity will count a lot, visitors aren't interested in seeing what is not very visible and appealing to their eyes. Meaning display will be there but no visitors to the link we provide.

I suppose the text should be bigger and visible. And the best way to make it generally appear good is to use transparent background. If transparent background is used it could well match with all kinds of backgrounds since websites these days are really colorful and white background becomes lesser and lesser each day.

160802[/snapback]

I would make it clearer, but as of now the text is as clear as it can get. The only way I can really get it to be clear is if I know what font they used to make their text, because right now, I'm just using the image of the text and that is slightly grainy.

That is also the reason why I can't get a transparent picture for right now, because I haven't been able to "render" the text from its background, but as soon as I find out what font was used, I'll be well on my way.

Thank you for your comments, guys. I really appreciate them.Does anyone know which font was used to create those words "Xisto.com" on the mainpage of the site? I would like to know so that I can retype them and have them be clearer but it would also allow me to create a transparent button which seems to be in demand for sites with other color schemes. I've PMed OpaQue and am still waiting a reply, but in the meantime, if anyone can figure it out then please tell me. Thanks.