xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
k2wl

Net Connection Taskbar Icon Disappeared

hi For some unknown reason, when I connected to the internet today, the internet connection icon in the taskbar didn't appear.I tried unchecking and re-checking the "Show icon in notification area when connected" box under my connection's properties, and the Customize Notifications under Taskbar Properties still lists the internet connection as "always show".I willing to go into my Registry to fix this problem.Any help?Thanks ahead!

hi

For some unknown reason, when I connected to the internet today, the internet connection icon in the taskbar didn't appear.

I tried unchecking and re-checking the "Show icon in notification area when connected" box under my connection's properties, and the Customize Notifications under Taskbar Properties still lists the internet connection as "always show".

I willing to go into my Registry to fix this problem.

Any help?

Thanks ahead!

160227[/snapback]

best advice i can give you is to do a system restore,its quite fast and effective and shouldn't lose your files,modify the registry is dangerous and can cause system instability,i wouln't advicde it,if this doesn't work you could also tray to delete your connection and create a new one,hope this helps. :P

i didn't have system restore active how can i get ride of it?

thanks

160239[/snapback]

i'm gonna do some research,will post back when i find some information on this not quite sure if it can be fixed without some sort of restore.

there are three tabs in add/remove, go to the middle on, windows setup, there is a long list of all the whambox's components. Go to the Communications one, select Details, and from the new list, there will be dialup networking. Is not that hard. i found this information off a forum in which a person was experiencing the same problems that you are having,if you would much rather look at them yourself you can do so by going to the following link.Google Search hope this solves your problem if not please keep us posted on your progress.

hi

For some unknown reason, when I connected to the internet today, the internet connection icon in the taskbar didn't appear.

I tried unchecking and re-checking the "Show icon in notification area when connected" box under my connection's properties, and the Customize Notifications under Taskbar Properties still lists the internet connection as "always show".

I willing to go into my Registry to fix this problem.

Any help?

Thanks ahead!

160227[/snapback]

Maybe this is a stupid suggestion, however, in my experience, most computer problems are usually something extremely simple.

Check to see if you have "Hide inactive icons" enabled in your taskbar properties. Might seem like a really stupid thing... but it is always a possibility. Just right click on an empty space on your taskbar and select properties.

It is possible that the icon has just slid into the inactive list. The inactive list is not really acurate... in order to stay on the active list, Windows actually expects that you normally click on the icon... otherwise it doesn't think you are using it.

k2wl i have looked up every other possible solution,if this problem pursists and you are uncomfortable with it,just pop in your xp disk and do a repair of the windows installation this will be sure to fix any problems you're having.

missing wireless network icon

How I can Nestor wireless icon network back again because it missing ?

-reply by samy m. Elhabbak

Go to taskbar properties and take 'cutomize' button near "hide inactive icons".In that you can find options for hide/allways show.-reply by krishna

possible answer

Here is a solution that worked for me...

START> Control Panel > Network Connections

Then on the left hand side click "MY NETWORK PLACES".

Then under the "NETWORK TASKS" heading click "SHOW ICONS FOR NETWORKED UPnP DEVICES".

Say YES on the box that appears.

Upon returning to the "NETWORK CONNECTIONS" screen, an icon called INTERNET CONNECTION should have appeared.

Right click the icon and go to PROPERTIES.

Tick that box that says "SHOW ICON IN NOTIFICATION AREA WHEN CONNECTED".

Click OK and your good to go...

-reply by guest

possible solution?

Here is a solution that worked for me...

START> Control Panel > Network Connections

Then on the left hand side click "MY NETWORK PLACES".

Then under the "NETWORK TASKS" heading click "SHOW ICONS FOR NETWORKED UPnP DEVICES".

Say YES on the box that appears.

Upon returning to the "NETWORK CONNECTIONS" screen, an icon called INTERNET CONNECTION should have appeared.

Right click the icon and go to PROPERTIES.

Tick that box that says "SHOW ICON IN NOTIFICATION AREA WHEN CONNECTED".

Click OK and your good to go...

-reply by Guest

How can I get the Wireless Network Connection icon back?Net Connection Taskbar Icon Disappeared

I went through the steps as mentioned above and was still unsuccessful. On mine it did not say show icons for networked Upnp devices, it said Hide icons for networked Upnp devices. Then when I went to the properties the box was already ticked. I am really stuck on this. Please help.

-reply by Brendon

getting Internet notification icon backNet Connection Taskbar Icon Disappeared

Replying to ckuehner

Actually this is GREAT ADVICE! Simple always works. My internet notification icon suddently disappeared and in the Properties of the Taskbar it would not let me check the "network" box - it was just grey.After reading above advice, I un-checked "hide inactive icons" and it let me check the network box - and low and behold - I GOT MY INTERNET ICON BACK!! YAY!Thanks heaps - it was only a tiny issue but it was very irritating LOL-reply by Lydya

The below works! Thank you.

----------------------------

getting Internet notification icon backNet Connection Taskbar Icon Disappeared

Actually this is GREAT ADVICE! Simple always works. My internet notification icon suddently disappeared and in the Properties of the Taskbar it would not let me check the "network" box - it was just grey. After reading above advice, I un-checked "hide inactive icons" and it let me check the network box - and low and behold - I GOT MY INTERNET ICON BACK!! YAY! Thanks heaps - it was only a tiny issue but it was very irritating LOL -reply by Lydya