xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Afrog2

Red Alert A way for dummies to win

I use to have a cheat program for this game but I lost it lol. Either way its fun. I use to build all my tanks first and just charge their base right off while they are building infintry and stuff and just totally anialate them.

Just pwned RA2 after RA1... I find the in RA2 the ABSOLUTE BEST STRATEGY is a GI rush with allied.. Tank rush for sovietAllied :Easy: 30 GI's per base.Medium : 60 GI's per base.Brutal: 100 GI's per base.Soviet: same thing but with tanks, divide values by 2.. Brutal you only need 50 if you wait to long, -reply by powned RA2

Ah Red Alert, good times... I don't own the game, but a friend of mine had three copies of it and me him and his little brother would play together... He always won! I only won once, and there was controversy over whether I actually deserved to win the game, as it was mostly by fluke... Oh well! It was fun anyway! He goes" Next person to attack me gets my tanks in their base!" He blew up an Ore Truck and the guy inside threw a knife a his tank... Ouch... :lol:

Looks like I may be necroing this thread, but does anyone have an opinion on RL3? I thought it was fun, but when every unit has a secondary ability that I need to click, it got really complicated really fast, and I ended up not using a lot of them simply because they seemed gimmicky and difficult to control.

It's been a long while since I've played Red Alert 2. Did anyone ever use the strategy where you load those guys that phase/chrono things out of existence into the Humvee type things? I can't remember the names but while it wasn't the BEST strategy, it was pretty darn good. Have a dozen of those babies driving around and the enemy won't know what hit em!And the Prism tanks.. Red Alert is really a fast paced game isn't it. Every unit is like superpowered, even the weak units can wipe out an entire base in a few seconds lol.

Red Alert 3 was fun.I am actually more of a fan of Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, since I'm more of a "serious, realistic" RTS player, but RA3 did not disappoint me much if at all. I still think that it follows Red Alert 2 in terms in terms of ridiculity with unit types and even raises it a notch with the kooky acting and the style of graphics... but it's all well-intended, and it makes for a fun game regardless. I LOVE the score and it really gets you into the game. (I actually listen to the OST on my free time... it's that good, and I'm that dorky.) :angel: If you're looking for a serious RTS, I would stay clear, but Red Alert 3 won't disappoint you if you were a fan of Red Alert 2. Not to mention that Gemma Atkinson delivers a damn good bit of eye candy... :excl: I'm sure the girls of RA3 were only there to sell the game even more, but there is a fair share of famous guys, like George Takei, Tim Curry, Jonathan Pryce, and J.K. Simmons, who definitely deliver to the personality of the theme.@HDuff: I found it rather easy to switch between secondary abilities using the F key. Hotkeys are your friend! For balancing between abilities, like the Crusader tanks, I would set a few tanks with the targeting lasers and leave the rest with their primary and make that a team... use your imagination. :(

I agree with razor. I love Command & Conquer Tiberium Wars too. :angel: Though I don't really like the Scrin nationality that much. They are really so strange. But I mostly play Counter-Strike: Source and GTA San Andreas now. :(