xisto Community
Picsel

Template Selling

what do you guys think about making money from making people custom templates and other graphics over the internet ? im just wondering cuz im thinking of setting a company like that up

Well if you're good at making templates and can offer people reasonable prices then you should try it. You should first "test the waters" make some templates for people before trying to set up a company and see how it goes. If things go well the company will start on its own. :unsure:

nailed the head on that one , like xec said build up a clientel for your templates, and trying to sell a template for $1000 won't help you $30-$35 is a good price.

I think there is already a site where you can submit sample templates to the site for visitors to view. If someone likes it for their own use, they'll contact you and pay you to do their website/s. I forgot the name of the site but I'll try to ask my friend about it and I'll post it if I already know. :P (Is this a WINK smiley?)If you're thinking of starting a site like the one I mentioned, I agree with what the others said to charge a relatively cheaper price. Starting your own site might be a bit of a drag since you have to worry about modes of payment, secured transactions and all those pesky things. So you might have your work cut out for you.

you can try it .. there are two ways to do this .. set up your own site and sell only your templates ... the second option is to sell via a intermediate site and earn money but the intermediate site will take a commission ... the second option is good if you do not know where to get potential visitors are buyers ... but they will take a commision on your templates .. so it depends how do you want to sell it ...

It's a great idea, but don't quit your day job. Competition is fierce and marketing, as always, is the key to success. If you know lots of people online who will help spread the word, you should be fine. Otherwise, you'll have to get creative.I know a lady who just won a total house makeover for $5,000. It was an "ugliest house" contest that she won. You might do something like that and have people submit their ugliest web site. You could have your visitors vote on it--everybody loves polls. Then, the winner gets a graphics site remake by you.You could learn a lot and generate some interest that way, but even the contest would have to be promoted, then you'd have all the work without generating any revenue. Be sure to have Google Adsense in place before you start. A few dollars from them could help ease the pain.Ooo, I'm really getting into this, now. Your whole theme could be like DIY or HGTV, where they have little workshops for renovating rooms, yards, etc. You could have a whole lot of fun with this and make money in lots of different areas, helping people remodel their websites.Another angle is to throw in with people who have expertise in other areas--like scripts for forums and other programming stuff, and marketing gurus for promoting their sites. You could promote their services while they promote yours and your visitors could reap the rewards by having everything they need in one place.If you decide to go with this, please send me a PM with your info. I'm a web content writer and graphically impaired. Every once in a while one of my clients will ask for a referral for graphic stuff, and I never know where to send them.

that's a good idea, you shoud set up a site first, and post some of your good work so that will attract mroe people. there are a lot of people that are doing this so it wil be hard, but if you jsut go to community forums and join up, spread the word our and maybe that will help you..also make some templates starting from a low range to a high, the more money the better quality. If you doa good job than im sure those people that bought it from you will tell others who are looking for some. good luck!

Yeah...DOnt quit your day job. This wont make you a lot of money

so... And you have to be very good at graphics because there are a

lot and meen a lot of graphics designers out there that want to sell

their templates, banners, logos, and stuff. Just a word of advice, find

some good tutorials on how to make templates. After that make your

own website with oscommerce.

Go here for good tutorials

Try to keep your prices reasonable. I don't know if you would make loads of money doing this but if your really good at templates then you can make money. It depends on the quality of your templates.