xisto Community
moldboy

"server Not Responding" In Dreamweaver

I'm on a dialup system, so when I use the internet I'm pretty much using all my bandwidth. And when I want to upload a file from Dreamweaver by File>>Save to Remote Server it just sits and spinns about the server not responding. However as soon as whatever else I'm doing on the internet stops (or I stop it) dreamweaver picks right up and goes.Any thought on how I can fix this?

Hi moldboy,The easiest "workaround" for the problem is to use dreamweaver to save your webpages to disk (HD) in a sererate folder. Call the folder "uploads" or something similar. Next use a FTP client program ( "FIleZilla" is easy & user friendly) to upload your new webpages to the server. Be sure to upload the mew pages into the "public_html" folder & the "www" folder & the root directory (usually the "_sgt" folder AND/OR the " _sgt" folders).Basically your done.Uploading is really FAST using the FTP program & you don't have to upload your whole website.. just the changed webpages.Don't know the exact cause for the problem your experiencing.. but Dreamweaver is not "talking nicely" with the webserver for some reason.Hope this is clearRGPHNX

I have this same problem. Its as if Dreamweaver times out the connection even though your still connected. So i either restart my computer or go to start, control panel, network and internet connections, network connections, and then i just disable the connection of my computer for a couple seconds and then enable it. It works like a charm. Must be a weird bug, in a very pricy program. :P

Dreamweaver - Export to Folder?"server Not Responding" In Dreamweaver

dreamweaver create a site for the design not responding

hey I've got a question.. You seem kind of knowledgable in DW. How do you export your entire website to one folder? This includes all pictures because if I export it to a folder it just saves the index file, hence all the pictures are left in place and are not copied to the folder... Thanks 

Dennis

-reply by Dennis

Exporting Dreamweaver Site"server Not Responding" In Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver usually will save the site that you have as a local folder in the "My Documents" section of your particular User Account on Windows. It's generally the same for Apple as well. To export your site.. You just have to copy the folder and paste it into whatever folder you're trying to export. 

-reply by Andrew

Site management in Dreamweaver"server Not Responding" In Dreamweaver

In order to maintain your site with ease, you must use Manage Site functionality.

In Files pane (F8 to toggle), Files tab there are to combos. In first combo select Manage sites.. (last item in combo). Dialog appers with list of all sites. Click New then select new site to setup a new site.

Select Advanced tab. On the left side is list of categories. I'll describe some of them:

1. Local info

Here you setup where your local copy of site is. Enter site name. This is the name as shown in site list combo on Files pane mantioned earlier. Local root folder is folder on your local drive where you store local copy of site.

2. Remote info

Here you setup how to access web server where site is actually published. This is usally ftp so you choose FTP from combo. Additional fields would appear where you enter ftp login information. Using Test button you can check parameters you enter.

3. Testing server

If your site use PHP or other server side code execution these parameters must be set.

Other categories can be left as is.

Click OK to finish setup.

Your new site will appear in site list.

I'll return to Files pane again.

Second combo box is used to select view: Local view, testing view and remote view. Choosing a view will show content in local folder, testing folder or remote web site. In local view, by choosing put in site root context menu will put entire site on your website.

By choosing Synchronize.. DW will see what files are different on remote server. Thisway you don't need to upload whole site each time you modify something.

Sorry if I was short in explaining, I'm little short of time.

However, this won't solve your "server not responding" problem.

-reply by Ljubomir Djokix

http error code 500 internal server error!"server Not Responding" In Dreamweaver

I am using dreamweaver mx 2004 and I already instlled properly apache 1.3, mysql 4.1.22, php 5 and mysql odbc 5. They all work properly except in dreamweaver mx 2004. I am trying to connect my php page to my mysql database with server name root and of course my password in localhost but I get the error "http error code 500 internal server error!" I cant figure it out! My apache work in a simple "hello world! in php! Its just the connection matters! Can anybody help me? I'm using windows xp!