xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Luke Skywalker Lightsaber Up For Sale and other starwars stuff

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Two of the most famous props in US film history -- light sabers belonging to Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader of "Star Wars" fame -- will go under the hammer in late July auction, organizers said.
ADVERTISEMENT

Dozens of objects from    George Lucas' celebrated sci-fi saga will go the highest bidders at the July 29 auction in Beverly Hills organized by Profiles in History, which specializes in the sale of film props.

The Jedi knight's light saber, owned by "Star Wars" producer Gary Kurtz, is estimated to sell for between 60,000 and 80,000 dollars.

The light saber used by the evil Darth Vader character in "The Empire Strikes Back" is estimated to go for 40,000 to 60,000 dollars.

The light sabers, of course, worked only on screen with the help of special effects. Luke's weapon, shown on Profiles in History's website, is a silvery tube with a black handle.

The 75 objects up for bid include Skywalker's orange "X-Wing" pilot jumpsuit, estimated to go for 60,000 to 80,000 dollars. Actor    Mark Hamill wore the suit for flight scenes in "Stars Wars" and "The Empire Strikes Back."

A Stormtrooper "blaster" weapon used in "Star Wars" is expected to sell for between 25,000 and 30,000 dollars, while a latex mask used for the green Yoda character may go for 8,000 to 10,000 dollars, organizers said.

LOL i would love to buy some princess Leia's stuff like her outfit *remembers that 70's show final of season episode* xD anyways it would be really cool to have Darth Vader light saber @@... i would like the one that hayden used *?*

I don't know I'm not that big on the whole Star Wars line of movies or even props from movies. I think it'd be kinda funny to get one of the weapons but then it'd look like any other toy. Though, I would get the Yoda mask because Yoda rocks in general regardless of the Star Wars movies.

Most of that stuff, you'd buy, then put somewhere in your house to sit and stare at it. I never got that kinda stuff, seems like a waste of money to me. But I guess the hardcore Star Wars geeks can get something else to drool over now(not trying to sound offensive, they can do whatever they want, have fun).

Did anyone see at Best Buy and similar stores those lightsabers with fiberglass bulbs. They looked very cool. Apparently you could actually fight with them (hit them against each other) without it breaking. Those cost only about 100 dollars, so forget the 60,000 dollar version that doesn't even glow, lol , go for the Best Buy version. Much cheaper and a heck of a lot more fun. :P

Did anyone see at Best Buy and similar stores those lightsabers with fiberglass bulbs.  They looked very cool.  Apparently you could actually fight with them (hit them against each other) without it breaking.  Those cost only about 100 dollars, so forget the 60,000 dollar version that doesn't even glow, lol , go for the Best Buy version.  Much cheaper and a heck of a lot more fun.  :P

161062[/snapback]

*saves up 100 dollars* *buys lightsaber*

*hits friend over head with it* Hell yeah.

But the real hardcore Star Wars ge...fans would probably pay the 60,000 because its the "original", or as close as you can get to it.

hmmm $60,000, odds are it will come out in the millions by the time its over with.

This might be a bad question but how are the lightsabers gonna be? I'm actually asking how is it going to 'pop out' ? I still don't know how they use lightsabers in the movie and how they cut up everyone's wrist and stuff.