xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
baffo

Baffo's Place my website

I've set up my website based on PHP-Nuke. I've added some other things on it. Please check it and post what do you think about it. What can be added or changed. If you want you can register and start filling the forum! I wanted to add also a gallery for pictures, but then I changed my mind, cause I'll consume to fast my wespace. If someone has installed the Gallery for PHP-Nuke please tell me how much space do I need and if it's worth installing it on my website. Also if you know for some cool stuff to add tell me where to find them. Thanks!

I like color scheme of your site. White and blue is always a killer combination if it is choosen in right ratio, in your case I would change your header to be 100% of width and would not be animated, use jpg and non-animated pictures only, it is much better for a visitor and it isn't disturbing. Try to wrap your content, so everything will be 100% width. Nice site.Best regards, Robert

Your header definitely needs some improvement. It doesn't seem like a part of the website at all. Rest of the skin is neat and good to look at. I also like the navigation style. Fill it up with some content to complete the website, although I know it's a new setup and will consume some time to do that.Your website is pretty good overall; and one more thing; try acquiring a new skin for your forums to go with your website. I'll find time and register later. Nice job.:unsure:

I didn't had enough time to find an appropriate skin for the forum (now is the default one), I had some problems setting it up. The web site was originaly set up about 15 days ago, but I messed up the code when I tryed to change phpBB forums with IPB so I had to install it all over again. I added some new skins (for the website not for the forum yet), but you have to be registered to choose them.

I changed the banner (it's not animated anymore)and I changed also the template of the forum (but I have a problem because it don't show up) so I'm trying to found out why :unsure:

At the top, you have 3 Boxes in a horizontal line, the 2 on each ends are smaller in hieght, it looks out of place.Also when a user scrolls down, the boxes increase and decrease in width. This will confuse the user. If you keep it all to 3 colums running down the page, it is more flowing to read. But overall looks great, Whats the main purpose of your site by the way?...Is it Personal, or are you trying to achieve something business wise?

I like the blue on it. It goes well with the white background. I've been trying to get the Google search box block. Where can I find it?

For now, this page is just for entertainment and chat, I didn't make it for bussines reasons.This google box on my website is made just for use with PHP-Nuke, but I'm shure you'll find somethng if you'll search in google for this.

I've set up my website based on PHP-Nuke. I've added some other things on it. Please check it and post what do you think about it. What can be added or changed. If you want you can register and start filling the forum!     

I wanted to add also a gallery for pictures, but then I changed my mind, cause I'll consume to fast my wespace. If someone has installed the Gallery for PHP-Nuke please tell me how much space do I need and if it's worth installing it on my website. Also if you know for some cool stuff to add tell me where to find them.                                                                                                                                                     

Thanks!

158131[/snapback]

Nice Website. Nice colour scheme. Nice drop down menu. Overall look wise very nice.

I love the layout of the site. It makes the site look futureistic. The cosmic pictures are a good addition. I like your scrolling call box on the left hand part of the screen. All of the pictures are amazing. the calander is very organized. the links are good to. they lead to very informative and visually appealing pages.