xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tuddy

House Systems House systems of tomorrow?

With the large base of people here from around the world, Who knows of any good in house systems that control your house?ie. Lighting, Doors, Even Curtains?Also on Remote access to the control panel to do these tasks.Remote access for TV, VCR, DVD, Pay TV Turn on/off and start recording?How many people out there have stuff like that in thier home and think about it??I'm a technology freak, i'm looking at going fully Tech on my home in the future, with everything, including saving engery at the same time, ie. Solar Panels...and they took away Tech TV :unsure:...and once my house is done, i am looking at starting a company looking at designing systems like this, What do people think would be the demand for this stuff in the future??All thoughts appricated, thanks!...

With the large base of people here from around the world, Who knows of any good in house systems that control your house?

ie. Lighting, Doors, Even Curtains?

Also on Remote access to the control panel to do these tasks.

Remote access for TV, VCR, DVD, Pay TV Turn on/off and start recording?

How many people out there have stuff like that in thier home and think about it??

I'm a technology freak, i'm looking at going fully Tech on my home in the future, with everything, including saving engery at the same time, ie. Solar Panels...

and they took away Tech TV :D...

and once my house is done, i am looking at starting a company looking at designing systems like this, What do people think would be the demand for this stuff in the future??

All thoughts appricated, thanks!...

158067[/snapback]

I like the way you think, that was very interesting, what you are talking about is possible to achive. Today, we are now in the computerized world wherein everything can be controlled by computer...

If you want to have that kind of setup, start saving your money and let other engineer design that for you, soon that setup will be available in the market and you can buy the system for your dream house...? money can but everything... :unsure: Nice IDea...

Not that i don't trust engineers, but :D ...I'd like to build the system myself, based upon an exisiting sytem, that way i know the bugs, and won't get shafted!and they cost to much! :unsure:

There were many experiments done like this, but I'm not shure if they're avaliable yet. But soon in the future will be hearing a lot of them I guess. I was (one month ago) in Germany where were the United Games of nations (they were at the same time also here in Slovenia, Austria, Check republic, Serbia, Hungary). We were talking about the looking of cities in the future. And the talking was going also around this systems and other things regarding technology. We wanted to solve the problem of pollution in big cities, by making big houses build together in flats (every flat is indipendent-has everything) and in every house there is also the work area -> there's no more fisical work, but everything can be done using computer, conected into your work network. There were many ideas about this systems and I must say that it was very interesting. Maybe you can realize this ideas in future :unsure:

In the future, everything in the home, in my opinion, will need to be either timer controlled (with an override) or controlled via a remote device, such as a mobile phone or PDA. Things such as heating and the cooker (to pre-heat for dinner) could come on before you were home, so they were ready when you arrived. Living near a few motorways here, linking the timers to traffic information, to adjust the times, would be a good idea! Also a system to close the curtains / switch on and off lights according to the light inside and outside, would also be useful. This technology could surely be adapted from that already available in car headlights?You do have some interesting ideas and concepts, and it will be good to see if you suceed in bringing any into the modern world. If you do, you will be a very rich man :unsure:

Systems like this are certaintly available at this time. Just recently I was talking to a technician that works in this kind of stuff and he said it was quite expensive but it's worth it. He actually did his own house like this and we went to see it (he's my dads friend). It was awesome, using voice commands for almost everything (ie. turning the TV, lights, etc. on. Asking the microwave for ideas of what to cook with the ingredients you have in the cupboard). It's really impressive, I certaintly would like this!

Microsoft did an experiment like this called the 'High Tech Home' you can find a video showing all this kind of stuff here.

It would definately be a good business to get into, you should consider that technology can advance alot in a couple of years.

I've always been interested and fascinated in these type of things, I remember when things like this where not possible, but people dreamed about them, there where a few movies and shows with homes like this, but then they looked like this... Posted Image

So as you can imagine the real thing isn't quite what hollywood thought... However, there are so many things you can do, everything timed by a computer, so many things that could clean themselves, so much you'd never have to do... When your house is done take some pictures of something really cool, I love to look at technology.

Thanks Everyone, You have given me more ideas then i already had...I suppose there is a cut off point to this though..Who wants there life 'RUN' by computers?Getting computers to do stuff for you is one thing.But to have them think for you, You'd feel like an idiot! :D Can't think for yourself, I was thinking of bringing a mate in on the idea, He likes to design Houses, so between could come up with the dream house. :unsure: We either go broke?..or get really rich? Only have one shot at life! :)

Also just thought about security, What do people think is the best type?Keypad (Pin Code)KeyCardHidden Button (Not safe enough really)Video Cameras and good old hunting! :unsure:Any others people can think of?

In the future, everything in the home, in my opinion, will need to be either timer controlled (with an override) or controlled via a remote device, such as a mobile phone or PDA. Things such as heating and the cooker (to pre-heat for dinner) could come on before you were home, so they were ready when you arrived. Living near a few motorways here, linking the timers to traffic information, to adjust the times, would be a good idea! Also a system to close the curtains / switch on and off lights according to the light inside and outside, would also be useful. This technology could surely be adapted from that already available in car headlights?

You do have some interesting ideas and concepts, and it will be good to see if you suceed in bringing any into the modern world. If you do, you will be a very rich man :unsure:

158226[/snapback]

Hey thanks really..

That's what I'm really looking for as ideas for my Wireless Application Project...

Probably I would be doing a mobile blogging application for mobile phones instead...

Having to control home appliances would definately require a receiver, which would be a server with PHP installed...

I will be able to do it with easy access if I can get the receiver for the project..