xisto Community
atoz

Download Managers

dear atoz,
Download Accelerator Plus is good but do you know it is adware. It puts many ads on your system and also in the registry.
so now it is upon you to use it or not???????????
I have also started a thread regarding Favourite download managers if you wish to post there click here

I just use the one integrated in Firefox, I've found that dl accelerator and such are more of a hassle than their worth... but if ur still using IE, then a dl accelerator prolly isnt 2 bad of an idea, IE sux, even w/the new SP2 additions....

I use the "wget". It's a commandline linux tool, but it so powerful. It doesn't accelerate though. It just lest you resume if you add the "-c" parametre. For X-winows enabled download manager, I sometime use d4x which is much easier to use since you don't need to type commandline, but I use wget because I often download using scripts

dear atoz, Download Accelerator Plus is good but do you know it is adware. It puts many ads on your system and also in the registry.
so now it is upon you to use it or not???????????
I have also started a thread regarding Favourite download managers if you wish to post there click here

Are you serious!!? :P
I have been using it like from a long time. Well i have lost one computer till now because all the files in the registry got corrupt. We assumed it was because of a trojan or a worm or something like that. Well dap gave me some 246kbps speed and my actual speed went to 90. I thought i was the best. Well are there any good and safe? Out of the two or both are the same?

I knoe download accelrator plus and i know it works but it comes laong with alot of adware so one should be ready to pay the price. Well it hampers the registry and stuff. I don't know of computer crashed cause of it but it has crashed alot for sure. You can also go for integrated accelerators than come with firefox. If you don't use firefox use it it increase your net speed

for firefox, I use DownThemAll! as my download manager. There's also an add-on that speeds up your downloads called firedownload (http://fireaddons.com/downloads/). When i used these together, I got like 1mb per sec. However, after a while, I couldn't use DTA and firedownload together, so i just use dta now.

The best download manager I have found which integrated to all the browsers I have used( firefox, chrome, safari, opera and IE) is internet download manager 5.18 without updates. It allows you to download any video so long as you put the file types that you want it to catch. You are able to download significantly faster pause efficiently. If it unable to pause effectively it will tell you. You can download pretty much anything from any site. In addition is gives a user friendly setup while allows anyone to capability to easily understand what it entails and how to use it.