xisto Community
fsastraps

Is This Illegal? Music and Internet

No! If you have the CD to your artist, on the website inc. all there copyright info like if it was 50 Cent... Aftermatch / G-Unit / Executive Producer:.. Etc, it is legal, just list the songs and next to them put "Listen>>"Jack

Well, i really want to put up a music page on my website, with just mp3's for people to listen, but i dont know if this is illegal, i am taking some precations, like i encrypted the pages so ppl can see the source codebut i still dont know if it will work.

Here is the link http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The page is obviously not finished, but its b/c i dont want to get it trouble wit the law you know! :)

Well if you right click to the side of the music player (I think it only works with Internet Explorer) and then you click view source, then you can see that the code is encrypted.  To see the music player you obviously have to click on a song to listen first.

Any thoughts about if this is illigal to do?

It is really important to me.

Thanks.

157986[/snapback]

it is illegial unless you have copyright consent form the authours of the music i think