xisto Community
ManOfSTEEL

New Technology To Be Implanted To Human Body computer and Human body to be merged

Think about it this way people... we already live our daily lives surrounded by technology that traces our every move. I mean think about the cameras in the supermarket... I heard that every single time you go into the supermarket your picture is taken something like 10000 times. Plus you have the neighborhood watch cameras near schools and stuff as well... and the ones filming the high street... so believe it or not our space is already being invaded by the government (just not to the extent that it is suffocating and people would rebell against it yet). Now increase that sense of being watched by the fact you have a microchip of sorts within you and I can guarantee things could get nasty. I mean, you'd pretty much have to watch every single step you take because oh my goodness BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!!! I know it sounds a little bit melodramatic but it is logical to think that your freedom of movement would definitely be limited. I personally wouldn't like that and I sure hope this world doesn't go that far... Just as a side thought though... Would you say governments implement new technology to make the world a better place... or in order to make science fiction fantasy come true? Because seriously... the more I think about it the more we seem to be moving into a science fiction world (at a slow-ish pace but nevertheless...) xxx

The human body is very complex and yet machinery of ours can only sustain so much of the human body without affecting it in the negative way. Friday I am meeting the man who created the Piill, yes that one, and the patch for it as well. He is founder and chairman of Syntex Ent. For anyone in the biotech field, this is a huge deal and I am vreatly honored to be doing this.

Such technology may be hazardous because we don?t know its effects on the human body in the long run; it may be the cause of several cancerous diseases in the future. And there is a question that I always ask:" What if something went wrong?? I'm not the one who wants to go into surgery every time your implanted equipment stalls or fail to operate.Last of all Bill Gate's statement: New technology soon to be implanted in the human body, but I will not try this experimentation in myself...? render us a bid suspicious about this technology. Is he afraid that someone will hack into his implanted computer??? (; (:

Actually, this is niether new, nor untested. There was a researcher I read about somewhere who had a chip implanted in his arm, it was basically just a GPS chip, but in tandem he added a program to the door and lock mechanisms at his home and office so they would unlock automatically and/or open as he approached. It also enabled his wife to simply call up a program to see where he was. Apparently his wife was getting a similar chip implanted in her arm, and they were working on a cell phone type chip last I heard so that they would always be able to talk to one and another. The article was several years ago, and I can't remember much else about it so I can't point you in the right direction, but it has been done.As for concerns based on science fiction movies, may I remind you that they are fiction.

Emplanting a micro chip into the brain wont turn us into robots and it wont certainly make us think like computers.The idea is not to make us any better, it is to make computer access better. The brain is most powerfullest computer in known existence. So, by linking one mind to the world network of computers, everyone would have the power of at least 5 super computers. It reminds me a bit of Star Trek com panels (lcars). They are very quick and are all linked. Perhaps that is what it will be like in the future. If there was one person who gave themselves up to become the human computer, then our technological advances would triple if not more. Given the chance, I would sign myself up to become one.And foremost, CANCER IS NOT A DISEASE. Why do so many people not understand that we all have cancer. In some people it activates, mutating the organs on a molecular level. In others it stays inactive. I don't believe that anything causes cancer (lifestyle wise). Any links are purely coincidental and are made as a rouse.If people are unwilling to go forward in life, take risks and do something that so many are scared of doing, how are we ever going to progress.Our space is only invaded if you want to percieve it that way. All these theories and conspiracies against the government are total bull. Why would the government be interested in such "rif raf". What purpose do we serve to them? We fight there wars, we feed them and there young? We are basically servants to the government.And how would having a chip inside you limit your activities? If the government are already "watching" us then what would be different from having a chip? Seriously, some people are so caught up in narrow limits they can't see beyond FICTION.Finally, who said that this is a government thing? I thought it was scientifically funded by private share holders. If it stops crime, wars and stupidity then I am all for it.

well, all this has actually happened. Kevin Warwick is called as the world's first "cyborg" or as you call it, a cybernetic organism. He's been doing research in this field and has a microchip implanted in his body which is directly connected to his brain. the chip senses his nerve signals and acts accordingly. for example, he could control a robot over the internet which was miles away just by thinking!!! in order to lift the robot's hand, he just had to "think" about it. If that's not all, he implanted the same chip in his wife and they both were connected to each other, and they could like mentally talk to each other. the borg are coming!!

you people watch to much ghost in a shell, i tell why it will be impossible to do anything like that, human physics 101, you cannot keepa brain alive cuz once you discount it from the body everything shuts down, and so does the brain, forget about the frankennstien stories cuz thier is no way from what i understand to electroshock a brain back into working order, most doctors and scientists are still working out the details of false body paorts like arms and legs, yeah its been going on for ahile computer technology is somewhat making improvements but its all thoery and if their was any practical way in doing it i don't think anyone would want to volunterr to have their brain removed and transplanted in a robot or another body, just to many risks involve.

So it's begun... Well, these chips right now can Improve Eye vision, Improve Hearing, and enable the person to have a sense they didnt have before or improve one... The second it becomes a requirement to install chips so I can be registered, im leaving the US. Im sorry, but I cant accept that I can be traced and have radio be broadcasted into my brain.Of course, with good comes evil. Military can improve a soliders performance to the point where a solider can be an average person transformed into a super solider. Who knows... one day, in return for improving sight, when we are in war, the chips can take control of us...The possibilities of this... is horrifying and glorious. But it will be a cold day in hell when I allow myself to merge with a machine. If you become one with a machine, you are a machine. Being one with something thats not human has never happened before in the history of man kind. When it finally does happen, we will no longer be defined as human beings.Scary huh? It hasnt even started yet.~Darker333

The RFID technology referred to in a previous post is already being implanted in humans. I saw a Fox News program that indicated in a New Jersey hospital these are being promoted heavily in the emergency room as a way to save lives.Several RFID companies are producing products that could be used subcutaneously. But the VeriChip (http://www.4verichip.com/) seems to be leading the pack. I read an article indicating these chips are being put into security personnel in Mexico and are even being promoted in some night clubs for financial transactions, i.e., no more credit card necessary.I even read somewhere that the next generation of these chips will include GPS for easy tracking of the user. This use, of course, is to track missing children. But it may be used for tracking anyone (how convenient). Anyway, do a Google search on VeriChip and RFID implants and you can read a lot of this stuff for yourself.

Wow cool! :D I think in future no human catogarized as dumb people, you can plant a micro chip processor on your brain, so if you want to study something you can just download some program, just like one in the matrix movie :D If they're need any "rabit lab" I would be happily to be one :( kidding :D

i guess these things will happen in the near fiture, sooner that we expect it to be..~as for myself, id rather not have those things inside me, but for othersi think they would fall for this..depends really.. since its not widely spread yet and few info about it is known, it would be hard to say if one will try this kind of new technology or not~in the medical field, if this things canhelp heal tissues and nerves in the body, it would be a really good help, since nerves do not regnerate, being able to find a way to heal it by using technology wouldbe of great help~

Maybe in the future we can have another way of communication, using the chips in our bodies.
Planting a chip in our bodies doesn't mean that they plant a computer linking to every part of our bodies...
It means to add a part to help us communicate, store data, check your surroundings, give warnings......
that could mean a lot to us, like making us available to use many types of cool things such as: telepathy, sixth sense and super minds with the help of machines.

Bill Gates is probably gunna develop some sort of os where he can control peoples minds & bodies and soon we will have an army of microsoft soldiers controlling the earth, he must be stopped here and now before it gets out of control. I'd bet my life that if bill gates had the chance he'd take over the earth.

lol, your joking right?

hmmm... I don't think that merging pc with a human would be a good idea, but maybe it could let's say smth to remember more, or music inside you, or smth that could help you move faster, or stuff those inventions in your body would maybe be cool cuz i think every teen that goes to school would really like to prepare faster for egzams so like memory saver or stuff could help it, or going somewhere far a something that could help you walk would be great ! Well maybe 20 years later we will have something implanted in our bodies :P

Hmm... I actualy can't wait for this to advance. How I wish sometimes I could have a built in calculator, or something alike in my body, or some super cool ability. If I got asked if I would like to test this new technology, I would scarily say "Yes, of course!" to it. I wonder how long till Microsoft make the website "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; :P!Looks like they are trying to make this take off, and good on them.Have a good day!-Tom.

iam against thinks like that. of course this can b e used for identification and everything but if it keeps going like that even your local store might be able to get your whole life report, what you buy, what car u have, how many children, criminal record and all that stuff.