xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

What App Would You Like On Your Mobile Phone?

I prefer utility like a program that can store secret messages with passwords...Also, I like applications that can surf html sites... But so far I can't find such applications... :unsure:

I, personally, dont like mobile phones. I believe they ruin people's lives. They're supposed to be used for emergencies, not for personal stuff. I've seen people lose their mobile phones and they start acting like it's the end of the world. These phone companies should stop adding crap that's not necessary, and maybe the streets will be safer.

I would like an application where you sould store userids and passwords as well. Apaprt from that, some of the mobile phones in Japan allow you to view PDF files. I think it would be neat to have that. Just out of curiosity, do any of the mobile phones in North America have digital cameras in them? I know they've had them here in Japan for a few years now.

Just out of curiosity, do any of the mobile phones in North America have digital cameras in them?

Yes, they have cameras on them. They've had cameras on them for a while now. It's one of the "crap" i was talking about.

well, i think i agree with what truefusion said......some of the built in features are unnessary and can be counted as "crap". As an example, the cameras on many handphones don't take clear pictures and you'll surely need quite a lot of space if you want to record video clips on your handphone and the storage on phones are limited. Both specifications just don't work together to provide the user with convinience etc.. Now back to the topic, i would like an ebook or ecomic viewer on my phone. Its hard to find one for my Sony Ericsson K500i. Most Sony Ericsson phone applications are meant for K700i. I should have bought K700i......(sorry for my bad english) :unsure:

i would like an applicatio that allows making free calls

158887[/snapback]

There is no such thing as free calls!

Have you heard of skype?

They offer free ip2ip calls, very cheap calls to telephone numbers and now they offer programe for pocket PC's. I hear they are now working on something called SKype for mobile phones?

Mobile phones are a mindwrecking necessarity - you can't live with or without them anymore. But it I must have it, I wont a telephone, that offers me many options - camera, IR, bluetooth, mpe ringtones, email server, html browser and lots and lots of memory,. :P

my Nokia 7610 can be used to edit my site, read email and download attachments. i believe it can view pdf with an add-on application too but i havent bothered getting that. its great when i cant use a pc. And it has a 1.0mp camera.
Check it out ;)
Heres a pic at highest quality:
Download
Remember its only a phone camera :o

well I have Nokia N-gage with me and when I got it, I started installing all kind of softwares, whatever the software which was available in the market was on my phone...but later I discovered that it made my phone slow and also started creating problems...so I formated my phone and now I dont have much software on my phone...I just have "fileman" installed and one "antivirus"and in the rest of the space I have loaded songs becasue of which I can enjoy all the time ;)

I'd enjoy MS Paint for some reason. I guess it's just be fun to doodle on my phone when I'm bored, using the arrow keys. Although, it's be impossible if not very hard to make something that looks like an object, it'd still amuse me.I'd also like Photoshop, but that's definitely a no. My third choice would be a PDF viewer.

well I have Nokia N-gage with me and when I got it, I started installing all kind of softwares, whatever the software which was available in the market was on my phone...but later I discovered that it made my phone slow and also started creating problems...

180452[/snapback]

yeah too much software can cause problems.. and now smartphone viruses are being made as well. but luckily nothing too bad like making calls i think :)

Lmao at Photoshop and MS-Paint.MS - Paint is a Microsoft trademark, so we'd have to call the applet something else... Like T17 Paint :)Massive amounts of applications DOES drastically reduce your phone's processor speed. Don't forget, this isn't a 2.8 Ghz processor here, it's not even in Ghz, it's barely in the MhZ :)Phones have become a necessity for mobile communication, no matter how you chose to communicate. Whether it be sending the picture of the hot girl on the subway beside you to your friend, or texting odd combinations of letters and numbers.I'd like a decent pop mail viewer, in .jar/.jad format, or a decent web-browser, same format. I use a rather old (by todays' standards) Sanyo RL-4920. They're not really old at all, maybe a year. But they're not camera phones, or flip phones. And they only take .jad/.jar java applets for programs.Nice thread idea, can anyone code Java? (Not Javascript mind you).Panda

My siemens CX 65 is pretty powerfull device. I have a lot of game. I enable GPRS in my cell phone, thus it enables me to check my yahoo or gmail mail, chatting using MSN or ICQ, googling in xhtml version of google for wap enabled device. I have also java application that works exactly like Telnet, FTP and etc... that's alot of many things that you can do through your cell phone... and it is indeed really superior...