xisto Community
Amezis

Too Many Programs Open - A Nightmare?

Well, I have a friend that is ALWAYS complaining about how many programs I have opened at the same time. Like 15 items in the start menu, and 20 tabs in Firefox... lolz, that's my way of using a computer.

So here, I have a screenshot, and I ask you: Is this nighmare?

Posted Image

Lol, well maybe a nightmare could be a bad expression. But do you hate to have that many programs open?

Personally I just think I should close something, but I don't do it... I can live with it - well, in some hours.

157177[/snapback]

Woah o_o and i thought i had it bad lol.

Dont know what is worse, having your computer group all of the common items together.

e.g. All the Firefox items together

or having it all seperate causing just a mass pile up. Either way its annoying =(

I wish I could have that many things open. Unfortunately, I have just 196MB of memory. :D Even so, I can have 20+ tabs open in Firefox and my computer can be running at the speed of sound. :P

Kezzie, I don't like to group items together, like many Firefox-windows or IE-windows...I know all of the icons, since I always use the same programs, and I always have alot of programs open, so I'm fast when I try to open another one...But now I only have 9 windows open, and 10 tabs in Firefox, all Xisto ;)

Wow! That's quite a lot of programs running there. How's your PC's memory holding out? I know for sure if I had THAT many programs running. My computer would be runnng slower than molasses in cold weather.

I have 512MB RAM, not big-deal, but the computer doesn't run slower at all. If the computer starts to run slower, I try to close the one that uses most RAM/CPU...

Even so, I can have 20+ tabs open in Firefox and my computer can be running at the speed of sound. ;)

161226[/snapback]

The number of tabs shouldn't make a significant difference on how fast your computer runs because you only have 1 program open -- firefox.exe. Now, if you have 20 Internet Explorers open, then it should make a difference because the number of processes you have will increase by 20.

Haha, I have a friend who always complains about how much stuff I have open, and my dad and brother complain about it, too. And I have 40 tabs in Opera! But I like it that way. I don't see anything wrong with it, if you and your computer can handle it. :)

alienware laptop vista ultimate m15x 2008/march.. well too many programs crashed my netbook... i tried opening with last known 'good' configuration no go i tried opening in safe mode no go i can't insert my Vista CD because it was stolen out of storage/rental and i can't get another MS authentic copy of it no longer supported.. so tell me i haven't did an external backup. most likely my flash player was out dated so what can i do...i don't want to loose any of my stored games..