xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DeathLock

Verizon Phone Book Transfer changing phones...

ok well u know how Cingular and AT&T have sim cards so when u switch phones u can just put the sim card in there so u dont have to re do ur phone book and stuff...and i was just wondering if there was on for Verison...because im changing fones soon and its annoying adding my fone book again...o and also is the new razor fone only for cingular? because i always thought it was but then a friend of mine told me it is for veriZon to...but i think he heard wrong...anybody knows?

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title should be clear and related to posting message. Edited topic title and spelling.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

From what I know, Verizon does not have sim cards as it is primarily not GSM and uses CDMA. I don't think that the RAZR can work with Verizon Wireless, but there might be some kind of work-around that I might not be aware of.

Verizon Direct Stores and several service providers have a machine that can transfer the numbers from any phones to any phones. You can check around your local cell phone stores to see if they do have the capability. Or you can use 3rd party software to transfer the numbers via your pc ie. Bitpim.

Telephone number portability

Verizon Phone Book Transfer

I was in a Verizon store and asked about the portability of my phone number if I signed up for a contract. I was told that since my present number is with a pay-as-you go plan (AT&T GO phone) and not with a contract plan I could not transfer my old number to a new contract-plan (since government regulations concerning the portability of phone numbers do not apply to pay-as-you go plans). This sounds fishy to me. Does anyone know if what I was told is true?