xisto Community
DeathLock

Bad Relationship, Partner Trust & Cheating Cheating on your mates?

Aside from the question of whether it is right or wrong, I agree with you CK, love itself is a guideline here.  Love does not harm others, and how can someone say they love someone if they knowingly do that which they know within will hurt that person? 

Do they really think that the other person won't mind a special bond or what bond could be there being broken by bringing others into it?  And if you do act like that is there really any level of commitment or bond there to be broken anyway?

What I'm saying is, if the other person doesn't care how their partner acts with others, is there really any commitment or devotion there of which they can be jealous about?  If they are nonchalant about the whole thing how much do you think they really care about you?  Do you really think they find you irreplaceable or just an "item" which brings them pleasure just as some other "item" is nothing more then a pleasure-bringer as well?

158716[/snapback]

DINGDINGDING! We have a winner!

You hit it perfectly. :unsure:

I guess that it depends upon how your partner feels about the subject. If your partner feels that cheating is acceptable behavior... and so do you... then I guess there is no harm in it. However, if either party in the relationship would feel betrayed by having the other cheat on them.... then cheating is wrong.

The idea that the if the other person does'nt find out about the infidelity would make it OK as absolutely rediculous. Number one thing... if you are in a committed relationship... it doesn't matter if your partner knows or not.. you should never do anything that would hurt them (always act as if they knew everything that you do)

Also believing that the other person would never find out about it is also a rediculous idea. Sometime down the road... maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, or maybe next year... They will find out. Sooner or later, that kind of thing always comes out. Better to just be honest right up front. Having been on the receiving end of a cheating partner... I can tell you that even though it may hurt to know the truth... it is far better to know right away than to have been lied to for a long period of time.

158712[/snapback]

i personally dont know my parents opinion on cheating...but im sure they think its wrong...and if u acually love somebody then there would be no need to cheat...i think cheating is ok(to a certain level) in those relationships that only last like 2 weeks and you both know its not gonna be anything serious...and i am yet to be caught because i dont cheat like crazy i just have fun at partys and *BLEEP*, and i dont cheat around where i live...but i dont really recommend cheating but i mean it works for me...but it wont work for all...

i personally dont know my parents opinion on cheating...but im sure they think its wrong...and if u acually love somebody then there would be no need to cheat...i think cheating is ok(to a certain level) in those relationships that only last like 2 weeks and you both know its not gonna be anything serious...and i am yet to be caught because i dont cheat like crazy i just have fun at partys and *BLEEP*, and i dont cheat around where i live...but i dont really recommend cheating but i mean it works for me...but it wont work for all...

158948[/snapback]

And yet if someone goes into relationships expecting nothing serious to come from it are they really even looking for a serious relationship to begin with?

And it may be that there could've been a serious relationship but it never stood a chance because it was instantly treated as a commonplace thing. It's like abortion, the baby might've been a wonderful person but was never even given the chance to grow.

Another thing, if you're not expecting a relationship to be serious in the first place why are you messing around with it? I guess that's at the core of all this. What is the purpose of seeking non-serious relationships and what does it say about a person's motives in dating?

And yet if someone goes into relationships expecting nothing serious to come from it are they really even looking for a serious relationship to begin with? 

And it may be that there could've been a serious relationship but it never stood a chance because it was instantly treated as a commonplace thing.  It's like abortion, the baby might've been a wonderful person but was never even given the chance to grow. 

Another thing, if you're not expecting a relationship to be serious in the first place why are you messing around with it?  I guess that's at the core of all this.  What is the purpose of seeking non-serious relationships and what does it say about a person's motives in dating?

159027[/snapback]

Haha, I always like your replies jzy. They always seem to be exactly right. :unsure:

Haha, I always like your replies jzy. They always seem to be exactly right. :unsure:

159028[/snapback]

Seems like people either love my replies or hate them fiercely :P Always good to have a level of controversy around what you say, since truly standing up for something means you can't agree with everyone. When times seem easy it's then that you have to question if you're really standing up for what to believe in.

Had to throw that in in an attempt to add to the conversation somehow :D

When times seem easy it's then that you have to question if you're really standing up for what to believe in.

159050[/snapback]

Hey, check that out....I'm always getting a hard time.

I guess I'm doing a good job then. :unsure:

hmmm then u go on ur first date... do u think u want marry her/him???? Don't think so! So u can cheat cos u don't think about merrige. But after some time u can find outt that u love this man and want live with her/him whole ur life. But if u was cheating before and she/he found out about it... then it will be too hard get back trust :P
So we should think better before cheat!

In my opinion it is hard to define cheating but I'll go with the following definition:If you have feelings to someone else than you partner than that is cheating!BUTIf you are with someone else during your partnership this is still wrong eventhough it is not cheating - Everything that causes bad feelings to people is wrong..If for example you and your girl have a sort of deal to go out with others (I don't imagine that sort of relationship) than you won't be doing somehting wrong because you won't make bad feelings to your partner...See where i am aiming..Well as far as I am concerned, I did "cheat" (cause bad feelings to my gfriend) once and I felt bad as hell eventhough the moment i did cheat was amazing..I think it is all about HOW YOU FEEL INSIDE YOUR HEART and what does a certain relationship pose to you..

Cheating is wrong, point blank. Do unto others as you would like to be done unto you. If you want your girlfriend cheating on you with some other man and then coming home smiling in your face then maybe you should consider an open relationship. Just remember what goes around comes around. In this day in age, it's not only about preserving a healthy relationship between a man and a woman, it's about preserving your health - mentally, physically, and spiritually. I believe if you feel grown enough to go cheat, then I hope you're grown enough to suffer any negative consequences, not to exlude break-ups, emotional break downs, sexually transmitted diseases (don't act like the person you are cheating with is a saint, because chances are they are just as scandalous as you, even if they don't know you have a mate already - you just never know), and anything else that you probably haven't thought of. My friend once told me a story when she was working in the hospital of this guy who came in with his head cracked open. He was sleeping with this woman who he didn't know was cheating on her husband. The husband came home and found the two of them and took a bat to the other guys head. split his head wide open. He didn't make it.So with that said, I hope you think twice about playing games like that. Because in real life, it's not a game.

Cheating is wrong, point blank.  Do unto others as you would like to be done unto you.  If you want your girlfriend cheating on you with some other man and then coming home smiling in your face then maybe you should consider an open relationship.  Just remember what goes around comes around.  In this day in age, it's not only about preserving a healthy relationship between a man and a woman, it's about preserving your health -  mentally, physically, and spiritually.  I believe if you feel grown enough to go cheat, then I hope you're grown enough to suffer any negative consequences, not to exlude break-ups, emotional break downs, sexually transmitted diseases (don't act like the person you are cheating with is a saint, because chances are they are just as scandalous as you, even if they don't know you have a mate already - you just never know), and anything else that you probably haven't thought of. 

My friend once told me a story when she was working in the hospital of this guy who came in with his head cracked open.  He was sleeping with this woman who he didn't know was cheating on her husband.  The husband came home and found the two of them and took a bat to the other guys head.  split his head wide open.  He didn't make it.

So with that said, I hope you think twice about playing games like that. Because in real life, it's not a game.

173521[/snapback]

Wouldn't this all be a lot less complicated if people just didn't have sex before marriage? -_-

I notice the use of the word "partner", since when did this become a synonym for "spouse"?

Wouldn't this all be a lot less complicated if people just didn't have sex before marriage?

eh, nope .... sex is an important part of a marital relationship .... so, better to find out if you're sexually compatible with a prospective partner before marriage ....

On cheating .... I couldn't, but only because I'm a lousy liar .... and I couldn't live with the guilt ....

Posted Image

eh, nope .... sex is an important part of a marital relationship .... so, better to find out if you're sexually compatible with a prospective partner before marriage ....

On cheating .... I couldn't, but only because I'm a lousy liar .... and I couldn't live with the guilt .... Posted Image

174327[/snapback]

Maybe it's because sex is viewed as the main part of a marriage relationship rather then the non-sex relationship that so many marriages don't work out now?

No SEX before marriage!! what are you talking about! Sex is not just used for  reproduction it is meant to be FUN and EXCITING man!! Congrats to everybody who can hold on without it :P

174419[/snapback]

I bet the most exciting part is the STD's -_-

Fun is highly overrated :P

Wouldn't this all be a lot less complicated if people just didn't have sex before marriage?  -_-

I notice the use of the word "partner", since when did this become a synonym for "spouse"?

174169[/snapback]

Well, as far as I'm concerned "partner" is synonymous with "spouse" to some individuals. It is not my place for me to tell them any different. In addition, I don't believe it would be any less complicated if people just didn't have sex before marriage, because you can emotionally cheat on someone. The jealousy and possession factor will still remain. Someone will still get hurt.

In the same token, not everyone will become androids and keep to this fantasy rule "No sex before marriage." You can bet that while someone is staying true to this rule, the other person can still very well cheat on them and have sex with someone else. Then where does that leave the other person? Will it still be any less complicated for them, because they never had sex? That would be a big "NO."

So, with that said, people are going to be people, and will continue to act like they lost their mind. I just know that my husband better not ever cheat on me. We have an understanding. If you want to go be with someone else, it's time to split up, period. Just let the other person know it's over, before you go disrespect the relationship like that. That way, respect will still be kept for the other person.