xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Microsoft Hijacked My Ie

Yup - you heard it right!!Not that I have much use of that piece of trash anyways - but Microsoft never made any attempt to make your life easy by providing you with an option to remove IE. SO whatever other favourite browser of yours you might be using, IE will still lurk around in some corner of your system and keep popping up (irritating to the core) windows sometimes on request of some external application (that's another thing that eludes me - why do windows application developers NOT resort to popping up readme's using your system default browser??) It's like once you start developing applications for windows - you hand over your life, soul and everything to Devill Gates..I download a whole bunch of new softwares and keep trying and trashing my system 5 times a week in the process. When we had Win95, I'd to reinstall my system on an average of 2.5 times a week.The reason of all this raving and ranting - is, now some application (which I cannot spot) - has managed to Hijack my IE start page. When I fire up IE - it ALWAYS starts loading either microsoft.com or msn.com - WTF?? I tried everything - registry edits & hacks, windows tweaks, 100's of antipsyware and antiviruses - NOTHING, ZILCH.. no one can save IE from loading the MS sites on startup. Not that I'm bothered anyways - coz as I said, I use IE RARELY to view some of the so-called "IE compatible" pages. But even so, this is outright outrageous. And this is also a first - never before I've seen anything like this. Talk about gloating on your own product...boy, microsoft is surely in love with every inch of what it has designed. Big Brother?? This is just the start. Rather they've laid the foundations well. Phewww.. wouldn't even leave the goddamned browser startup page alone. Last I heard MS has started a new division along with it's TQM (Total Quality Management) - this one's called TCM, C being for Control.... on your wretched, pathetic, miserable existence... which of course, MS is trying to elevate you out of, by taking you to your most desired site of the day/month/year/lifetime through their hell's angel IE...Enough...

You can always prevent the home page from showing when you open up IE. In the shortcut properties, in the "target" field. Add " -nohome" at the end, without quotes. This will also help IE load faster upon opening.

Actually my IE does the same but like you, I use it so rarely that I've never even bothered to go to the options and change the 'home page' setting to something else. Might try it when I get home next and see if I get the same problem.

That what other says, microsoft is very wise when it comes to programs, this part of their business to stay in all MS program when you are using Microsoft Platform... There are no options to remove IE inside your computer and when you do so, your pc will crash, right? so IE will still there all the time eventhough you are using other browser,, be patient when it comes up, and up and up even you don't call IE... some or Most MS programs call IE by default and you can't never change that unless you debug the entire programs.. but how... Keep in mind that IE is always part of your life when you are using Microsoft operation syste....:unsure:

If you have an alternate web browser such as Firefox (it rules by the way) then you can get rid of IE and never see it again. You also need Windows XP with service pack 1+.Step 1: Open the start menuStep 2: Set Program Access and DefaultsStep 3: Click CustomStep 4: Change your default browser to something else (like Firefox)Step 5: Uncheck Enable Acess to this programI used this to get rid of IE when I didn't have a computer my dad borrowed from work cause my processor burned out.This should help and if not I hope someone else can help.

I would say that your computer has been infected by Spyware rather than Bill Gates taking over your computer. You should get your computer scanned. Go to http://www.lavasoft.com/

156588[/snapback]

Hehe.. that's what I'd thought at first.. but I've well over 6 different anti-spywares on my system - one of them Spyware Eliminator is a PAID copy too - with regular updates (almost everyday).. Nothing.. not a single spyware or virus on my system... Now I'm even more convinced it's Gates trying to open the gates of hell :unsure: When it comes to AntiVirus and AntiSpyware - I don't compromise with $$ - it's simply NOT worth it when you consider the risk you're putting your poor system through.. I use paid versions of both.. and have 3-4 different kinds of free ones installed on my system too.. :D

i would suggest you to give firefox a try, that is only 4.7MB, very small even for a 56k modem user. I person feel firefox is more secure and reliable than internet explorer. you can find more about fire in here --> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

And dudes dudes... please - I've been using Firefox since AGES - ever since it came out first. It's the default browser on my system. I wouldn't think of using ANYTHING ELSE. Read what I wrote above - the only purpose of having IE on my system is to view the so-called "IE Compatible" pages, which in other words are non-compliant with W3C standards.

You can always prevent the home page from showing when you open up IE. In the shortcut properties, in the "target" field. Add " -nohome" at the end, without quotes. This will also help IE load faster upon opening.

I don't even have the goddamned IE icon anymore - I removed it looong back, ever since I made Firefox my default browser - it just went off, THANKFULLYYYY. :D

Actually my IE does the same but like you, I use it so rarely that I've never even bothered to go to the options and change the 'home page' setting to something else. Might try it when I get home next and see if I get the same problem.

That's my whole point - even though I don't use IE, when I DO want to use it WHY THE HELL WILL IT GO TO THE MSN PAGE ??? Why meeee... why pooor meeeee :D

I'm warning you guys - you won't probably believe me right now.. but take it from me ..in about 10 years from now, if things go unchecked like this, Billy Goat will have complete control of your life.. he'll have all of us by our b@lls. Take it from me in writing.. By that time, probably every aspect of our lives will be controlled by computer - imagine a Windoze 2023 based House OS forcing you to take a bath in scathing hot water and forcing you to eat $hit ... err.. nvm.. I'm getting real ugly ideas..

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Sound pretty irritated, and i understand, well since there has been many ppl replying to your post the only solution that i dont think has been mention is to remove IE, there are tutorials, that walk you though it, and it really removes it 100%.Thats my only idea. Good Luck!

lol... i hear ya... it can get frustrating, but why bother with registry edits and hax and such? go to a website u like, click the Tools tab on Ie, click Internet options, and in the homepage text line, click the Use Current button... saves all the time and hassle, and accusations of hijacking...