xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny

Tutorial Requests Part 2

Okay guys, as per my previous topic, I'm gonna be starting on tutorials sometime soon, but first, I want to give you guys a little more choice on which ones, and which ones I do first. I'm gonna post up a few of the basic ideas, and I'll get to more advanced stuff at a later time. Please look at the choices and rank your favorites. I'll take it from there and in a few days I'll get to starting on them.Coloring(which to use, how to use them.)Brushing(using them effectively, when to use which.)Text(when to use which, effects to use, positioning.)Borders(different types, how to use them.)These are a little advanced, but I'll throw them up there anyway.VectorsBlast Effects(laser beams, weapons fire, stuff like that.)"Glass effect"Pixel StretchSplit textEffective Pixel textRender effects(lighting, blending, placement)Displacement Maps(if Phyre can explain what that is.)And you guys can add to it, and I'll see about getting to it sometime.Have fun.

Brushing(using them effectively, when to use which.)Vectors
Blast Effects(laser beams, weapons fire, stuff like that.)
"Glass effect"
Effective Pixel text
Render effects(lighting, blending, placement)
Displacement Maps(if Phyre can explain what that is.)

I've quoted all things i would like to see a tutorial on. The ones i didnt put i already know how to do.

As for brushing, will it include cg, digital art?
As for "glass effect", will it include "cracked" glass (ie, bullet holes)?

i think the order is actually pretty good how it is. maybe start with the easier ones and then move more advanced. whatever people you think would use more go with first. i think render effects might be good to move up as most sigs include some sort of render, but keep the first four where they are.

Err.....displacement maps are kind of hard to explain...but don't worry about it, I've already figured it out :rolleyes:

Example: You can make a wavy picture, or a picture of a flag waving and fluttering in the air, and you want to put some text on it and have the text look like it is part of the flag. By using a displacement map, you basically [i guess] 'map' the text onto an uneven surface.

I've quoted all things i would like to see a tutorial on. The ones i didnt put i already know how to do.

As for brushing, will it include cg, digital art?

As for "glass effect", will it include "cracked" glass (ie, bullet holes)?

156454[/snapback]

I meant brushing as in sig brushing. Grunge, abstract, tech, that kinda stuff.

The glass effect was more along the lines of that highlight I have in my sig...cracked glass and bullet holes I might be able to do eventually, but I'd have to figure it out myself first. But that doesn't seem too hard. ^-^

well i need the first 4

156497[/snapback]

Alrighty.

i think the order is actually pretty good how it is. maybe start with the easier ones and then move more advanced. whatever people you think would use more go with first. i think render effects might be good to move up as most sigs include some sort of render, but keep the first four where they are.

156525[/snapback]

Alright, duly noted.

Err.....displacement maps are kind of hard to explain...but don't worry about it, I've already figured it out :lol:

Example: You can make a wavy picture, or a picture of a flag waving and fluttering in the air, and you want to put some text on it and have the text look like it is part of the flag. By using a displacement map, you basically [i guess] 'map' the text onto an uneven surface.

156545[/snapback]

Hm...still kinda not getting it, but sorta. But I guess you have it figured out, so I don't have to worry about it. :D

Keep the votes coming. A day or two more and I'll get started.

(GAWD, I've got so much WORK to do lately... :rolleyes: )

Here's a good example of displacement that I whipped up:

Posted Image

See how the displaced text follows the creases and such of the cloth? Thats because I applied a displacement map to it.

Here's a good example of displacement that I whipped up:

Posted Image

See how the displaced text follows the creases and such of the cloth? Thats because I applied a displacement map to it.

156672[/snapback]

Ooh...nifty...

Alright guys, last call. Sometime later today I'm gonna be starting on them...it takes a while to make good ones, so don't expect to see anything till tomorrow, or wednesday, if I'm busy.

Alrighty... I think the order's pretty set...I'll move render effects up a bit, and move some of the less popular (pixel stretch, split text) ones down a bit. I'm gonna go back to sleep for a few hours, cause I have a killer headache, but when I get back up I should be starting on them.Unless I'm being lazy. =/IM me later or something to remind me.

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)