xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Soul Dimension

Have You Ever Almost Died? Or at least had a close one?

I've almost drowned, I was playing around in a stream in a local path, I wondered too deep into the water and my footing suddenly disappeared and next thing I knew, I was being dragged away by the stream current and my dad jumping in the water to get me. I was only seven at the time though. :)

Well I can admit that I almost died when the doctors took my tonsils out. They cut something wrongs somewhere and I was told that I lost a lot of blood because of it and then my heart stopped ... you know what you do when doctors talk? Tune out and its like "Blah Blah Blah Blah"But I am alive and kicking and wont let anyone operate on me again for any reason what-so-ever :|Thank god Im still alive :| Im having too much fun with my boyfriend :):D

Yes ive almost Died, scariest day of my life well me and my family decided to go swiming, so we went to the rappahanick <however u spell it> well me and my brother decided to go first we started walking down to get in well the mud sunk in lol so our feet sunk we got all muddy before we even got in the water. we started runing into the water it took me awhile......well we got into the water and started swimming around hopeing from rock to rock while we were swiming well we decided to swim over to the rock that alot of ppl died on well we started racing over there well we ran out of energy and guess what no more rocks so omg well started sinking and well my brother would come up and i would pull on him to stay up and then he went under so i let go then i went under LOL....... I yeld to our family to "Help Help we are drowning" omg and she didnt believe us she was like quit playing come to the shore" then me and chad started going under real fast l ran out of air i could not breathe....... if there was current me and my brother would of died, but we somehow got the streathe to head back to the shore we got out and started getting mad at our family for not helping us they didnt believe us but then we started getting really mad because they didnt believe us and my mom asked " did u reall almost drown"? and me and my brother were like "well yes what u thin we were doing out there going under and taking awhile to get back up" well thats my story whatever u do dont try to race if your in deep water and u dont swim all the time my stupidity almost got me killed.......LOL Scary story thats onced happened to me..

Hey....a lot of sad stories here. I never have such experiences. But I would just like to tell my friend's story. She had such an experience before. I was so sad when I heard about it.When I first met this girl, I was wondering why her eyes always looked so sad. Even when she smiled or laughed, her eyes didn't seem to smile or laugh with her.Then....I found out......When she was about 10, she went on holiday with her family. Beautiful beaches. She went to play in the sea with her family quite a few times, until this happened...She went to swim in the sea. She went further and further from the beach. IT was at low tide, so she walked down and down. There was something strange about/or in the sea...that made her almost drown. She tried....to keep her head up from water....Then it was her father who came and caught her. She was sitting on her father's shoulder now. For a long long time, she was holding her father's head tight. She didn't see or notice anythin because she was so shocked. She was just still crying. It was not until a while later...when someone else came to them...when they all realised...her father had died when he had been helping her. She was sitting on the shoulder of her dead father...

Wow some stories here are too sad. Today me and my friends almost drown in a rip, We were swimming at a Omaha beach just body boarding because we are noobs and cant really swim on our own. We havent not swim in years since high school and stuff so we didnt really know what it was like. The previous day during the week we went swimming too at the same beach but the wave were calmer then.Today was different it was much rougher and there were not as many people as before swimming, The flags set up by the life guards on where you could swim were also abit more narrow then the previous visit. It was abit colder then last time also so I didnt really fancy going in there but my best friend and his wife were going so I thought I would join them anyway. We only had 2 body boards between 3 people I didnt really want one so I just went in but once I felt the water was so cold I needed something to do other then sit there so I asked my friend for his board, he lend me his board and I went off trying to warm up by doing something, A few minutes have passed and I noticed my friends moved over to the other side about 30 metres from me, The area I was in was abit too packed for them I guess. Eventually I caught one wave and had a fun ride all the way back to the shore then I figured thats enough for me I'm too cold and begin going back to find my friends. I wanted to give him his board back so he can have a go instead of sharing with his wife. Eventually I make my way back into the water and find his wife alone of the board, shes yelling at me to go help my friend. I look further back into the water and see hes drowning so I start heading out to him with the board I have. I was amazed I reached him that quickly it was because of the rip pulling you in to the ocean. He looked really bad his head was down and he was taking in a lot of water, he must of been pulled out there for a good 5 mins or so before I got out there. There were alot of people around him also stranded but they had boards and he was the only one I think with nothing to keep him up but his hands and feet. There were people previous waving to the life guards to come help but I didnt know it was my friend who needed help. All up I think there was him his wife 3 children and their father who got caught in the rip, THere may of been a few others but I cant remember fully.When I got out to him I told him to hang on to my board and we both hung on for our lives. I didnt realise the waves were this rough. I still had a bit of energy but as soon as I felt the waves hitting us I knew there was no way we'd be able to paddle back in because the waves would pull us further out then we could swim. I was scared for my friend because he looked like he was going to pass out from being out there for so long with no board. I kept talking to him telling him to hold on to the board but he didnt respond I knew it was because he was tired. A few minutes pass and then the life guards came on their boats but its a small one. They see we are holding on to the board so they attend to the young kids first. Eventually they would run near us and even over us a few times but luckly the boats rubber or it would of hurt. I guess they were trying to manuver around us to get to the kids. At one point they got near us and we thought it was our turn so me and my mate tried to hang on to their boat but they told us no there was anothe rkid they need to attend to so somehow we let go and still had our board to hang on to. At this point I've got tunnel vision and drinking alot of sea water because of the waves hitting us. Sometimes we'd get knoced off the boards or under water if we didnt hold on hard enough. That was very scary, It finally sunk in we were in some serious trouble. At one point his wife was able to put her feet on the ground but she still got draged in and even further then where we were. She tried to give us her board but we told her no it was ok just get back to shore. thats when we got pulled back in. Eventually we driffted out of the rip or closer to shore and we got pulled in by some people helping out. They pulled us in and shortly his wife got pulled in too by the life guards. We were so lucky to have a board to hang on too if we didnt we'd probably be in worse shape.once at shore my friend started puking his guts out, I wasnt too bad I wasnt out there as long and he was and his wife also had a board to hang on to unlike him. We went to the ward and eventually the ambulance came took him in to hospital where he got checked out to make sure he was going to be ok. I have to say the life guards do an amazing job and they dont get paided for it. we know now what a rip is and wont be going back in there anytime soon. I hope this story reminds people to stay safe in the water. I never thought I would experience such a nnightmare like this. At the end of the day we were lucky and we know it. after that incident the beach was closed no more swiming for the day I guess.

Hi,Freaky stories.. Anyway coming to my story.. I was 5 and my older brother ( 2 years difference) were playing in our garden and we started playing tag including the dogs :)...Now being siblings, me being the youngest and tiniest, it was easy for my Alastin (Alsatian dog) to pull me in a corner with his mouth and as the tug of war continued...My bro sneaked from behind and pushed me hard... Now the sad bit was that I fell on one of the metal faucets that was in our garden... The faucet hit hard at the back of my head...I started bleeding but being so young I did not realize that It was a bit serious not too bad.. There was blood all over my dress... My bro panicked and sprayed me one of those spray bandages... I don't remember what happened after my bro sprayed me...But my parents never realized that I had gotten hurt until the weekend when my mom washed my hair but the wound was already healing.. I still have the bump at the back of my head, my doctor had told me that I was lucky that the wound had not gone bit deeper or else I would have died due to excess blood loss....Even now, if I try to sleep on on my back.. I have to adjust my head so that my bump does not get touched or else it hurts a lot.. A reminder I guessI thank my bro for saving my life with that bandage :( I also have had 7 stitches on my head and one on my hand due to an accident I had as a teen.. Me and my friend crashed into a car resulting in us being flipped off the bike and me banging my head on the pavement.. The freaky bit was that the previous wound and the new one I acquired are just an inch away from each other .... Always wear a helmet kids :(

i've had some scarey inst6ances before. all had to do with a car :( oh! except one where i was shot at! i forgot about that one haha!fisrt one was when i was 16. i was driving my parents car back home from work. i was going about 65-70mph on teh freeway when a trucker decided to pull in to my lane. i was going faster. it hit me, car went spinning. from what i was told, the car should have flipped and because i wasn't wearing my seatbelt, i would have had serious injuries if not dead. i was told i was VERY lucky to be alive.next one happened after coming home from a ski trip. i was heading down the mountain with my car on a curvy road when i hit a patch rare patch of ice that i didn't see. the car does a 180 to the other side of the road(thank god no other cars were coming), hit a snow bank and did another 180 back to the other side of the road where my car stopped hitting the snow bank on the other side. reason why i was lucky was because on the other side of the second snow bank i hit, there was a cliff with no gaurd railing. no doubt i would have died for sure if there was no snow bank to stop my car. i was around 18 at the time and going around 40mph down the mountain.next one was at night coming home from las vegas. it was 4 hours in to the drive so far and about 40 more minutes to home. i was going about 80 mph and coming up to a curve on this desert highway so i decided to slow down. i didn't notice the ground was wet. i guess it drizzled before i got there. when i slowed down on this curve, my car hydraplaned and started to swerve. i had to release the brake to gain control but i couldn't and started to swerve to the other side of the road. luckily no other cars were coming. i was about less than a second in controling my car when i hit the end of the other side of the road. my car flipped several times. i only remember it flipping once since i blacked out but it flipped about 5 times. i wasn't wearing my seatbelt and got thrown out the car about 15 yards(was estimated). my car was found about 50 feet from the road. i remember while i was blacked out, i had a sinsation of falling and i was trying to grab hold of something in pitch blackness. it was like a dream(but real). i woke up on the ground with my friend calling my name wondering where i was in pitch blackness. he wasn't thrown out. i had a hard time moving and in fact, was afraid to even try to move not knowing my injuries. well, turned out, i went to the hospital and literally walked out ofter they did their tests. it took me 3 mintues to walk the 50 yards out the door but i walked away with only scratches. next day, i came to pick up the things in(now out) of my car and noticed the damage to my car. passenger side didn't have a dent. my side was 2/3 smaller. i know for a FACT that if i had my seatbelt on, i wouldn't have been thrown out and i would have been dead. or an extremely high chance of it. i was also told that i was found a little further than my car traveled and if my car would have flipped one more time, it would have come very close in hitting me.anyway, this one was the eye opener and knowing my close brushes before, i knew something was watching out for me. my personal angel :) my time wasn't up yet and i had more to live and experience with a purpose i didn't know until now.i've had guns pointed at me on 3 different occassions. once while working as a security officer, once in downtown los angeles after i flipped someone off for almost hitting my car, and once coming home from a bar. those guys shot at me, knocked my drivers side mirror completely off, and missing me. there's other times i got lucky. too many to count. i'm just glad that i realize that even though luck may have some part in it, the main reason why i am still here is that i am being watched after and i know why. it's an amazing feeling knowing this and knowing what my purpose in life is....even though i am still learning to master my purpose :(btw- after i flipped my car, it was the only time in my life i ever saw my dad cry after i got home. what a strange and also enlightening experience. my sisters have never seen him cry and one has said she doubts how much he loves. if she saw what i did, there wouldn't be doubts. some just show it differently than othersnow, i did die in my sleep once. does that count? heheheheh now that was a weird dream

I was hit by a car once , which drove off. I was alone , so nobody noticed. I though nothing of it until I'd gone to school and came back at the end of the day , and I started having pains in my back ( hit area) , I then had to go to hospital , where I was told a slight movemnt may have paralysed me .=/

Oh oh... just to think about it makes me tremble. That happened when my wife caught me womanizing and ran after me with a knife. I got cornered, stabbed me once... up to now actually, she treats me like a living dead. :)

I was sitting on the barrior of a high wall near the sea. anyway some sand got in my eye, I took my hand off the railings to rub it (I had an ice cream in the other hand) anyway I lossed my balance and fell and when I woke up it was four days later

yeh i rolled a quad bike on a forestry track road at full speed off a 15ft embankment full of rocks.close one, no major injuries but was close to smashing my head open. :)