xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rejected

Cadences Lyrics to some cadences Ive learned..

Here are some cadences I've learned while I was away at boot camp. Each line is repeated twice, once by the cadence caller, once by the people marching.

In the Navy, the pay is mighty fine,They give you a hundred dollars and take back ninety-nine.
In the Navy, the coffee's mighty fine,
It looks like muddy water and tastes like turpentine!
In the Navy, the food is mighty fine,
A chicken jumped off the table and killed a friend of mine!

There was a yellow birdWith a yellow bill
That landed on my window sill
I got it in
With a peice of bread
and smashed its little head
well the moral is
if you want head
you need bread

I'm a steam roller babyjust a rollin' down the line
so you bedda-get-outta my way
'fore I roll right over you-hoo
just a little
hey!
just a little
whoo!
just a little rock and roll
repeat x3

Everywhere we goopeople want to know
who we are
so we tell them
we ain't the air force
playin' on the golf course
we ain't the army
the backpackin' army
we ain't the marines
they don't even look mean
we are the navy
the worlds finest navy
the mighty mighty navy

I'm a steam roller babyjust a rollin down the lineso you better get outta my way nowbefore I roll right over youit's just a littlea littlea little rock and rollit's just the kind thatthe kind thatthe kind that soothes the soulI'm a US Navy sailorjust a marchin down the lineya I'm a US Navy sailorjust marchin down the lineso you better get outta my way nowbefore I march all over youit's just a littlea littlea little rock and rollit's just the kind thatthe kind thatthe kind that soothes the souland wow on this next one too...they say that in the navy the pay is mighty finethey give you a hundred dollars and take back ninety nineoh lord I wanna go homebut chief won't let me go homehoooomethey say that in the navy the coffes is mighty fineit looks like muddy water and tastes like turpintineoh lord I wanna go homebut chief won't let me go homehome.they say that in the navy the chicken is mighty fineone jumped up off the table and started double timeoh lord I wanna go homebut chief won't let me go homehome.they say that in the navy the biscuits mighty fineone rolled off the table in killed a friend of mineoh lord I wanna go homebut chief won't let me go homehome.and here's some you might not have heard... didn't sing htem in boot but we're singin this one here at a school...non stop movin is the killers waycold gray metal and the heat of daya 50 dollar bill in a sailors eyeif it ain't blood money then we do it for prideI said a one (AIM)two (FIRE)three and four yaload them guns as the ocean roars yaone (AIM)two (FIRE)three and four yaload them guns as the ocean roars yatheres more but I'm tired and forgot the rest. haha.-CTRSR

bored sailors...

Cadences

Mama Mama Can't you see

Mama mama can't you see

What the navy's done to me

Sat me in that barber's chair

And when I looked I had no hair

Mama mama can't you see

Used to drive a Cadillac

Now I've got a seabag on my back

Mama mama can't you see

Used to drive a chevrolet

Now I'm marching everyday

Mama mama can't you see

Dress it right and cover down

Forty inches all around

Mama mama can't you see

Six to the front and three to the rear

That's the way we do it here

(any1 know the rest???)

Other verses

Cadences

[Replying to Trap FeedBacker,23875,355391

They say that in the Navy

The chicks are mighty fine

The promised me madonna

But they gave me Frankenstein

They say that in the Navy

The boots are mighty fine

They promised me size seven

But they gave me number nine

-reply by Joris

He was just a rookie trooper and he surely shook with frightHe checked off his equipment and made sure his pack was tight;He had to sit and listen to those awful engines roar,"You ain't gonna jump no more!"(CHORUS)Gory, gory, what a helluva way to die,Gory, gory, what a helluva way to die,Gory, gory, what a helluva way to die,He ain't gonna jump no more!"Is everybody happy?" cried the Sergeant looking up,Our Hero feebly answered "Yes," and then they stood him up;He jumped into the icy blast, his static line unhooked,And he ain't gonna jump no more.(CHORUS)He counted long, he counted loud, he waited for the shock,He felt the wind, he felt the cold, he felt the awful drop,The silk from his reserve spilled out and wrapped around his legs,And he ain't gonna jump no more.(CHORUS)The risers swung around his neck, connectors cracked his dome,Suspension lines were tied in knots around his skinny bones;The canopy became his shroud; he hurtled to the ground.And he ain't gonna jump no more.(CHORUS)The days he'd lived and loved and laughed kept running through his mind,He thought about the girl back home, the one he'd left behind;He thought about the medics and wondered what they'd find,And he ain't gonna jump no more.(CHORUS)The ambulance was on the spot, the jeeps were running wild,The medics jumped and screamed with glee, rolled up their sleeves and smiled,For it had been a week or more since last a 'chute had failed,And he ain't gonna jump no more.(CHORUS)He hit the ground, the sound was "Splat," his blood went spurting high,His comrades then were heard to say: "A helluva way to die!"He lay there rolling round in the welter of his gore,And he ain't gonna jump no more.(CHORUS)(slowly, solemnly)There was blood upon the risers, there were brains upon the chute,Intestines were a'dangling from his Paratrooper suit,He was a mess; they picked him up, and poured him from his boots,And he ain't gonna jump no moreGory, gory, what a helluva way to die,Gory, gory, what a helluva way to die,Gory, gory, what a helluva way to die,He ain't gonna jump no more!

best cadenceCadences

hey hey  Josephine

hey hey Josephine

How do you do,

Do you remember me baby

Like I remember you?

Used to tout your books

All the way to school

All the A's I made

Was in the homework you gave.

hey hey, hey hey, hey hey Josephine

How do you do

Do you remember me baby

Like I, Like I, Like I remember you?

Used to walk in the park

Hold hands after dark

Every time it rained

You used to call/scream my name

hey hey Josephine

How do you do

Do you remember me baby

Like I remember you?

-reply by pfcthomason

I don't want no aged queen.I just want my M-14.If I die in the combat zone.Box me up and ship me home.Pin my medals upon my chest.Tell my mom I've done my best.

---------------------------------

C-130C-130 rolling down the stripAirborne daddy?s going to a little tripWhen the plane gets way up highAirborntroopers gonna dance in the skySee those Airborne?s in the skyThe living proof that **** can flyStand up, Hook on, Shuffle to the doorStarted jumping but fell on the floorThey stout me up and pushed me to doorJump right down and counted to fourAnd if my main doesn?t open wideI?ve got an other one by my sideAnd if that one should fail me tooLook out below, I?m coming throughBirdy, Birdy in the skyDropped some **** right in my eyeI?m no sissy, I won?t cryI?m just glad the cows don?t flyAnd if I die on the old Drop ZoneBox my up and ship my homePut my medals on my chestAnd tell my mom I've done my bestBury my body 6 feet downTill you hear it hits the groundWhen it hits the ground you'll hear me sayI want to be a drill instructorI want to cut off all my hearI want to be a drill instructorRun with me if you dare

-----------------------------------------------

These are a couple that I've picked up from the Air Training Corps

-reply by Ozzy

cadence for dbl time two of my favoriteCadences

left right left right left right KILL! 

left right left right you know I will

I went to the school where all the kiddies learn

I pulled out my napalm I began to burn

I went to the px where all the people shop

I pulled out my machede and I began to chop

I went to the chapel where all the people pray

I pulled out my uzi

and I began to spray

left right left right left right KILL

left right left right you know I will!

when I get to heaven st peters gonna say

howd you earn your livin boy howd you earn your pay

and I replied with a boot to the chest

earned my livin puttin souls to rest

when I get to hell satans gonna say

howd you earn your livin boy howd you earn your pay

and I replied with a whole lot of anger

livin the life of sex and danger

live your life like the army told ya

live your life like an army soldier

-reply by travis

one we use on the way to PTCadences

Birdy, Birdy in the sky

why'ju do that in my eye? 

its not rain and it's not spit 

it must be some birdy..

SOUND OFF

SOUND OFF

break it on down NOW1,2,3,4

3,4!

-reply by rotc.Dork

Yellow RibbonCadences

Yellow RibbonAround her hair she wore a yellow ribbon She wore it in the spring time, in the early month of May And if you asked her why the heck she wore it She'd say she wore it for her soldier who was far, far away Far away Far away She wore it for her soldier who was far, far away Around the block she pushed a baby carriage She pushed it in the spring time, in the early month of May And if you asked her why the heck she pushed it She'd say she pushed it for her soldier who was far, far away Far away Far away She pushed it for her soldier who was far, far away Behind the door, her father kept a shotgun She kept it in the spring time, in the early month of May And if you asked her why the heck she kept it She'd say she kept it for her soldier who was far, far away Far away Far away She kept it for her soldier who was far, far away Around his grave she laid the pretty flowers She laid them in the spring time, in the early month of May And if you asked her why the heck she laid them She'd say she laid them for her soldier who was far, far away Far away Far away She laid them for her soldier who was far, far away

-reply by pfccollins

Artillery CadenceCadences

I am looking for the rest of the Artillery Cadence...  When I went through Basic and AIT we sang it but I can't remember the rest.  I only remember the first two lines.

"What is the sound of Artillery?" "BOOM! BOOM!"  

"What is the sound of Artillery?" "BOOM! BOOM!"

bored sailors...

Cadences

Mama Mama Can't you see

Mama mama can't you see

Sat me in that barber's chair

And when I looked I had no hair

Mama mama can't you see

Used to drive a Cadillac