xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Phyre

Splash Page Er...yeah

Here's a Work In Progress splash page for my site....It will be flash animated later on...When the mouse hovers over the words chaos/confusion [links], they wil pulse, jitter around, etc. Information about the links will also pop up in the black box, just in case your wondering...anyways here it is, with 31 layers of brushing:

-Click the Thumbnail-

Posted Image

^ Clickity Click ^

Any comments or suggestions?

Well, I was never a splash page fan, but I suggest you make the logo bigger, make an enter site button/text, and give your visitors a reason for them to click that enter site button. Great graphic though, I really like the font(s) and background.

It's mighty fine, but there are some things that you could change to make it better.1. Find a new font, Base02 is wayyyy overused.2. Those lines seem out of place; maybe make it more opaque and jagid?3. Why is the box there? It kind of messes up the whole thing if it's just a darkened box.4. And finally, the little circles on the bottom are messed up, it would look better with 100% circularity and renderization (is that a word?)Have fun with my constructive critisicm!

It's mighty fine, but there are some things that you could change to make it better.

1. Find a new font, Base02 is wayyyy overused.

2. Those lines seem out of place; maybe make it more opaque and jagid?

3. Why is the box there? It kind of messes up the whole thing if it's just a darkened box.

4. And finally, the little circles on the bottom are messed up, it would look better with 100% circularity and renderization (is that a word?)

Have fun with my constructive critisicm!

156060[/snapback]

Basically what he said. My biggest problems are the plain white lines and the vast blank space. Also, you may want to move the box/text down a little more toward the center.

The box is for info on the links, Phyre said.

(BTW -- Neither of those are words.)

yeah get rid of the blur make it solid a nice suggestion would be if lpan to animate it start with big text then shrink it to small text then pluse it back up.yeah the shadow box can go unless you planned on use that part for a layout.

Eh, dont worry about the blurry text..it's supposed to be blurry...I'm having putting a smaller black layer on top of it in flash...and if you don't understand what I'm talking about, then nevermind -.- Any suggestions for a better font?Lines...yeah I know theyre a little out of place..I'll end up doing something else.Yeah, there's lots of empty space....what can I fill it up with?! T_T I can't think of anything.