xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
green fairy

Need Help With An Emailform

I'm quite new to php and I have just made myself an email form what I can't make work for some reason. Could anyone who knows phph perhaps tell me what I am doing wrong?

<html>
<head>
<title>Contact</title>
</head>

<body>

<h1>Contact:</h1>

If you need to contact the webmistress, please use this form (enter all fields):
<form action="sendmail.php" method="post">

<table border=0 cellspacing=3 height="231">
<tr valign=top>

<td height="25">Your name:</td><td height="25"><INPUT type="text" name="name" size="25"></td></tr>
<tr><td height="25">Your email:</td><td height="25"><INPUT type="text" name="email" size="25"></td></tr>
<tr><td height="25">Subject:</td><td height="25"><INPUT type="text" name="subject" size="25"></td></tr>

<tr><td colspan=2 height="130">
<textarea name="message" rows=7 cols=30>Add your questions, comments, suggestions or feedback.</textarea>
</td></tr>
<tr>
<td height="27">

<input type="submit" name="submit" value=" Send ">
</td></tr></table><br>

</form>

<?
$name = $_REQUEST['name'] ;
$email = $_REQUEST['email'] ;
$subject = $_REQUEST['subject'] ;
$message = $_REQUEST['message'] ;

if (empty($name) || empty($email) || empty($subject) || empty($message)) {

header ( "Expires: Mon, 20 Des 1998 01:00:00 GTM" );
header ( "Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GTM" );
header ( "Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate" );
header ( "Pragma: no-cache" );

?>

<h2>Error!</h2>
<p>
Oops, it appears you forgot to enter some fields. Please try again.
</p>

<?
}
else {
mail( "nkf.webmistress@gmail.com", "$subject, $message, "From: $name <$email>" );
?>

<h2>Thank you!</h2>
<p>Your message has now been sent!</p>

<?
}
?>

</body>

</html>

Actually, I have just the thing for you! snlildude wrote this tutorial a while ago.

It's extremely simple, just edit the email "To" fields so it's sent to your email and not his(lol). You can edit the message that the people see once they click "Sumbit" other that that, you shouldn't need to edit anything else.
Hope that helps.

I was going to suggest my email tutorial. :rolleyes:Anyway, if you're set on using your script, please tell us what's happening so we can figure it out. Also, you can try to edit your script after reading my tutorial, so that it's similar to mine.I do have one thing to say when I was scanning your script...change all the "$_REQUEST"s to "$_POST".