xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mizako

How To Access My Ftp In Trap With A Browser i do not manage to access as anonymous

Hi,
I uploaded some data to my ftp server and i would to bring the possibility of downloading it to some friends of me. But i am not able to access my ftp sever with a browser (e.g. Firefox). I tried:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
But i always get: "421 Unable to set up secure anonymous FTP".
In my FTP Manager i have the anonymous user created so i do not understad why i can not.
Any idea?

You have to specify an email address as the password for your anonymous account - that's the rule on any FTP Server. You can provide any bogus email address. It doens't matter.

So your access string should be in this format:
mytrapname.trap17.com

Thats should see you through... hopefully.

I tried what you told me but it does not work. I obtain still the same error. Does anyone use the anonymous FTP connection and can help me?. Thanks in advanced!!

I tried what you told me but it does not work. I obtain still the same error. Does anyone use the anonymous FTP connection and can help me?. Thanks in advanced!!

155579[/snapback]

try using internet explorer, it deals with ftp connections slightly better.

Do you really need them to have access to the FTP server? If you are really stuck, you could always create a 'downloads' webpage with links to the file. I have tried mytrapname.trap17.com (although changed for my Xisto info) in IE and FF and it gave a 421 each time. You could try using Net2FTP