xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

What Is A Fedex Furniture? Its NOT JUST boxes

well, simply put, a FEDEX furniture is a furniture made up of empty fedex boxes! :rolleyes: if you have them lying around, you can have a fully-functional couch, a dining table, chairs, desks, even a bed!
/legacy

blueprints/design specs are not yet available, but perhaps we can all incessantly request the fedexguy who made these furniture to hurry up with them. :lol:

:rolleyes: the site is currently unavalible. But I do know what you are talking about. I saw a show on television once where they showed this guy who had figured out how to make all sorts of furniture out of cardboard boxes. He made a lounge chair- I don't even think he used tape.I believe he even started a company where you can buy some cardboard and the plans for various things.

update: the site is back up, but for how long this time, that is the BIG question mark. -_- apparently the site has gained the attention of the fedex lawyers who wanted to shut the site down, so it was down for weeks.

Ā 

here's a WIRED article on the brouhaha the lawyers raised:

Furniture Causes FedEx Fits

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Whoa, it's amazing what you can do with boxes and a lot of spare time. I wonder how comfortable that bed is hehe

Talk about creativity! That web page is proof that there's more to Fedex than just packaging and delivery...Don't have any furniture for your home? No worries - Fedex comes to the rescue!

Ha Fedex Furniture...makes me laugh. I cant imagine how uncomfortable theyd be. And what if you wighed to much? Would it just cave in? All i can say is a poor Hobo had this idea and he's a rich man now.

lolol.. so much for creativity uh?They don't seem very confortable, indeed. And you never know if it would broke up while on it. :)To me? Hmm.. There are better things to make another things off..

Thanks for showing us this. I think its great! The furniture is funny. I can not believe that FedEx is suing him over the name though. He is not trying to profit from it. He is just using it for furniture. He got a matress for free but that don't pay the bills. You would think that FedEx would like all the free advertising it is getting whenever the media does a story on him. For heavens sake if anyone else wants to make furniture they could profit from the purchases of their boxes and packing materials. LOLBeth