xisto Community
fsastraps

Xcitem.com Check my new site out

Ok here is the deal, i was hosted at Xisto, well still am, but i just have it to redirect members to my new site, i switched to paid hosting because my BW was going up really fast.

But well.... here is the link to my new site:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (I am working on a new homepage that is original, i just didnt have the time to do one before.)

and most importantly the Forums:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Hope you enjoy your stay there. I have over 130 games, and the army system incase you wanna join! :rolleyes:

Your header graphic & buttons are good but your text could do with some work. The stuff under latest posts is too dark against a dark background and is the text above your header s'posed to be black against black? If so, why? Don't you want people to be able to read it?

yah you got to wrk on the text it looks tacky all missaligned and stuff maybe owrk on the coloring just a bit with thead and you should be good.

Well see, the text on the very top of the page is not for users to see, it is for the search engines, it will be tere untill i make a new design, but since the most important parts for the search engines are the first things on the page, that is why i put it on the very top.But is there anything else i should work on??another thing, does anybody know how to put like a jukebox on my site? Like i want people to be able to listen to music, but i dont want them to download it from my site.It would really help, thanks!

another thing, does anybody know how to put like a jukebox on my site? Like i want people to be able to listen to music, but i dont want them to download it from my site.

Here's a good example of a jukebox. The images are included with it is aswell. It may be advertised as a midi jukebox but you can easily change it so it plays mp3s instead.

Also to stop users right clicking and viewing the source so they can download your music, place oncontextmenu="return false"; in your body tag.

----------------------

As for your site, you should make the keywords at the top of your page smaller, perhaps font size 1. Additionally the grey table background doesn't fit in with your blue and black colour scheme. Maybe should make the text in that table orange and the background colour blue. Also the search button should say something, maybe search or go. I also think you should try and fix the left to right scrollbars. They are there (ie6) and should somehow be gone.

I like the graphics and the layout of the site. The way it's presented makes it very easy to navigate.

I give it 7/10. Well done :unsure:

I like your header very much, everything is in place there. Only thing I would do is to use sharper text in lower area of your header, your text is very blurry there.
Content part is a bit tricky. As other have mentioned, text in content is hard to read. So I would change content background color to white and text color to black or other harmonic colors to fit the overall image of your site.
Also if you wouls change content background to white, I would change header to all blue with parts of white and white text. Also I would change body background to dark blue or some semless pattern of blue.

Check my site: Here!

Ok, about the Jukebox, i made it so it plays mp3's but then when you want to hear it it promts to download the song, so then either way im screwed b/c ppl can download the music.And about the design of the page, i appreciate the comments and i will change things around a little, thanks!

Well see, the text on the very top of the page is not for users to see, it is for the search engines

That's a technique called 'hidden text' and search engines can actually penalise you for that because it's considered spam. There shouldn't really be any instances whereby you need to have content on your site that's not viewable by users.

Well, yes i know although it sounds stupid, but it was just temporarily because i will have a new homepage up iin no time. Saint Michael and me have been working on it for a couple of days.

got a new design up to i posted the link of the template in photoshop also if you want to see the design at work go here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
design still working out some of the juicy stuff but its loading up good anf fast due to it mostly being images and all.