xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beeseven

Graarhahrgh Mysql And Php Won't Work

I have this code that I've tried everything to fix it, but it still won't work. I'm hoping someone here will be able to help.

First, the open database file:

<?phpfunction opendatabase(){	$hostname = "localhost";	$username = "beeseven";	$password = "**REMOVED**";	$database = "beeseven_**REMOVED**";	mysql_connect($hostname,$username,$password) or die("Could not connect to database");	mysql_select_db($database) or die("Could not select to database");}?>
I have that included in the register file:
//variables and whatnot	include 'opendatabase.php';	opendatabase();$mysql_query = mysql_query("INSERT INTO users (name, password, concode, confirmed, email, joined, job, level, exp, moves, weapon) VALUES ($name, $password, $concode, $confirmed, $email, $joined, $job, $level, $exp, $moves, $weapon)"); //here's where my problem is	if($mysql_query === false) //this checks if the username is taken	{  $err = mysql_errno();  if($err == 1062) //1062 is the duplicate entry for unique field error  {  	echo "<div class=\"err\">Error: Username taken.</div>";  	die("</body></html>");  }	}	mysql_close();
My problem is with the query. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work- everything is stripslashes()'d, and I even have it echo the variables at the end and there's nothing that should cause any problems.

If you're using Xisto host, I think you use the wrong username, cause all Xisto username is prefix with your cpanel username... and your prefix is beeseven, and so if your username you entered is beeseven, then your $username = "beeseven_beeseven";

If you're using Xisto host, I think you use the wrong username, cause all Xisto username is prefix with your cpanel username... and your prefix is beeseven, and so if your username you entered is beeseven, then your $username = "beeseven_beeseven";

153733[/snapback]

I though about that, but for my forum I just used "beeseven" and that worked fine.

its def on your side... you need to get some error info here... wat exactly is your report saying?

153756[/snapback]

There is no report, it just won't submit it. I got it to echo all the variables, then I copied the query into PHPmyAdmin and it worked fine.

ok, go to mysql database through your cpanel, then copy and paste your sql database name and your sql username... I'll check it out as the thing is funny...

Okay, now that finals are over (my school gets out so late >_<), I've been trying to fix this. I made a database account and gave it all privileges, then I changed opendatabase, but now I get this error:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'beeseven_ammin@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/beeseven/public_html/gaem/opendatabase.php on line 8

Could not connect to database

ok, use that rial sql account and give us the username and password and other required information, we'll try to help you sort it out...