xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
green fairy

Create Simple Ligntnings Photoshop Tutorial (for beginners)

This is all very easy. If you don't know how to do it alredy, just follow these simple steps and try in now:

1) Open a new document (I use 500x500 pixels)

2) Press D to make the foreground and background colour the default.

3) Go to Filter -> Render -> Clouds. You should now have something like this:

Posted Image

4) Now go to Filter -> Render -> Difference Clouds. My image now looks like this:

Posted Image

5) Type Ctrl + i to invert the image. It will now look something more like this:

Posted Image

6) Now type Ctrl + L. The Level box will pop ut. Make shore you have these settings:

Posted Image

That's all! :P My final result looks like this:

Posted Image

It depends from time to time how the result will turn out. You often have to try several times until you're happy with it. You can of course try different colours as well :P

its nice and all but it point to do filters whe nyou can get a brush for it which i have and does look cool.

Nice tutorial. I actually tried it, but I tried it with different colours, I wanted the colour to end up blue, and since you had to invert colours, I used a base Orange colour to start off. (FFE2B5) IT actually turned out pretty good. Im really not sure why there is some green in there but, it doesn't look half bad. (I use Photoshop 7.0)

its nice and all but it point to do filters whe nyou can get a brush for it which i have and does look cool.

156416[/snapback]

I like filters. It's easier to do because all you do is select the right amount, and it's done for you. With brushes, if you drag a certain length too much, it can screw with your whole picture.

1. What program are you talking about?

2.Can anyone post a link to (Adobe?) with the program and it's price please?

1. I used photoshop 7 for this tutorial. You can probably use any other version of photoshop for this as well. Photoshop 7 is not the newest verision, photoshop CS2(nr.9) is.

2) You can buy adobe photoshop at different places. You can buy it in a store or you can order it online. It usually costs about $600 to order the whole thing online, but there are cheaper solutions as well, like downloading it for example. I found somewhere you can download photoshop CS (nr.8) for $59.95. It is not the latest one, CS2, but I'm shore it's still really good. See link below:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This is what they say about this:

All the software you have purchased is available for immediate download - after you submit your order, you will be given access to our download servers. Software comes in as a single ISO image (.iso), or WinZIP/WinRAR archive. You are receiving FULL version of software. We are not sending any CD's because it will make the cost nearly twice higher. Most of our clients prefer to download the required software and we have positioned our shop as a download-only service. If You want to use software on new PC You can simple write a CD by Yourself.

You can also download photoshop CS2 for $69.95 here if you want to.

If you would prefere to order photoshop CS2 from Adobe.com, you can go here to buy it for $599.00

Or, you can go here to order CS2 for $569

You can download a free trial of CS2 here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Hope this helps :unsure:

Good tutorial... I knew it and I tried. The lightnings look pretty good, but it?s very difficult to get what you really want, for example an specific direction of the lightning, etc. I don?t know how to make it with brushes :unsure: