xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

How To Edit Your "index Page" Adding new pages?

This tutorial was requested by sxyloverboy.

Introduction:

sxyloverboy has asked me how to make your navigation bar on him website change to add another page, without having to do it on every page. Well, I have the answer for you!

Beginning

Assuming you have a FTP upload access, you'll be open your file "index.php"

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/clanvel/INDEX-NAV-S1.bmp

Once your "index.php" file is open press "CRTL+F" (Find) and search for something that looks like this;

<tr>                                <td class="off" onmouseover="this.className='on'" onmouseout="this.className='off'"                    width="100%" height="14" valign="top">                                    <a href="#"><font color="#FF0000">Main</a></font></td>                  </tr>
Once found, you can copy and paste it in wherever you want, say we want to add a page called "Members", this is what we need to do;

<tr>                                <td class="off" onmouseover="this.className='on'" onmouseout="this.className='off'"                    width="100%" height="14" valign="top">                                    <a href="#"><font color="#FF0000">Main</a></font></td>                  </tr>
Copy//Paste another one, like so;

<tr>                                <td class="off" onmouseover="this.className='on'" onmouseout="this.className='off'"                    width="100%" height="14" valign="top">                                    <a href="#"><font color="#FF0000">Main</a></font></td>                  </tr>                  <tr>                                <td class="off" onmouseover="this.className='on'" onmouseout="this.className='off'"                    width="100%" height="14" valign="top">                                    <a href="#"><font color="#FF0000">Main</a></font></td>                  </tr>
Now you have another page! But we're not done yet! We need to change the name of the page so we don't have 2 of the same pages! Now that you have those 2 there, you need to change the second ones name, look for something in those that looks like this;

<font color="#FF0000">Main</a></font></td>
See the text that reads "Main"? Change that to whatever you want the page called, in this case "Members"

Now you should have something that looks like this;

<tr>                                <td class="off" onmouseover="this.className='on'" onmouseout="this.className='off'"                    width="100%" height="14" valign="top">                                    <a href="#"><font color="#FF0000">Main</a></font></td>                  </tr>                  <tr>                                <td class="off" onmouseover="this.className='on'" onmouseout="this.className='off'"                    width="100%" height="14" valign="top">                                    <a href="#"><font color="#FF0000">Members</a></font></td>                  </tr>
And viola! You're done! How easy? But make sure, since you already have your files uploaded, you need to re-upload them into your FTP server or the changes won't take affect.

Now sxyloverguy ALSO asked me where to find some HTML tutorials! Well, I have the answer;

. Please note, I have written none of this, it's all written by someone else and distributed to people who need the help FREE. I claim nothing on draacs to be mine! It's a great site to learn almost anything about scripting, css, html, and java.