xisto Community
harad

Which Game Maker You Use?

Which game maker you like?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Game Maker is the best game maker! :P
It's very simple for the beginner, with simple drag-and-drop actions, and experienced users can make advanced games using the built-in programming language.
If you register the program ($18), the game can also be extended using DLLs.
You can distribute the games in any way you like, you can sell them too!
It's mainly targeted at making 2d games, but the next version will include some 3d functions.
I've been using Game Maker for 3-4 years, and I'll probably never stop using it! :D
You can find it at https://www.yoyogames.com/.

My room mate started to play around with game engines and stumbled upon one for vb called darkbasic they have a ton of extra programs to make other pieces of the game but the whole pack of dark basic something around 600 dollars for the bundled set up looks pretty good and has alot of freedom with it as well. check it out.

Dark Basic

I loved using rpgmaker 2003 but I never managed to finish a game, BYOND is pretty cool, and the scripting is fairly easy, but still entirely functional, I dropped out of the rpgmaker community a few years ago when DarkDominion(prolly the best rpgmaker site around at the time) closed down but since RpgmakerXp came out I might actually try to finish something now :)

Pah! Game making software! I haven't seen any that's decent in ages! Although I have to say that DarkBasic is pretty good.To all you people who are making games but just can't get the touch they want with their software:Learn a language! You'll get heaps better results on the final product. Sure it will be harder, but still.. if you're really keen on making a game, it's worth it.DarkBasic is a great 3D game programming language. Way easy to use as well!But if you want to get into real solid stuff, have a whirl at C++.Good to see some gamers doing it for themselves.Peace out :)

Well, no one say RPG MAker can only build RPG games. I've seen many games using it is an adventture and some are actions. RPGmaker2K is the best so far, not to mention RPGMakerXP... why? RPGMkaer2K3 still has so many limitation, even the new battle system is hated by some gamers, and one of them is me. I can say RPMaker2K is still better in the battle system. Other than it, R2K3 does fine. Having more digits in damages and better maximu level may have many new longer games available. Still, if I don't like the battle system, I don't really want to play it though. Why? The battle is set in ATB (Active Time Battle) mode, yeah yeah even the greatest RPG Final Fantasy use it. But, this one is really a downgrade of it. It's better the Dragon Quest's battle system... or we create the new ones in RPGMakerXP (very difficult though).Anyway, good luck on your game programming.

:(:(:(:(
There are a lot of Game Maker in the world you know? They are free usually, such as Game Maker, or ADV or RPGbuild and many more... you can get it all for free!! ABSOLUTELY FREE! find them at freewarehome.com!! :(:(:(:D:(

:):):D:D

There are a lot of Game Maker in the world you know?
They are free usually, such as Game Maker, or ADV or RPGbuild and many more...
you can get it all for free!!
B):(B)

ABSOLUTELY FREE!find them at freewarehome.com!!

B)B)B)B)B)