xisto Community
guangdian

Underground Hip-hop music talks...

To me, good hip hop music is good hip hop music, whether you have a million fans or 4 fans. But here, I'd like to discuss a topic to see how, especially those not in the US, the trends of hip hop are going. Here there is a big underground movement. Actually, it is so popular it is almost hard to call it underground. More, it is a movement towards artists on independent labels. Mostly bred as a reaction to much of the superficial music that came out in the early 2000s, (puff daddy, for example), they generally are very musical and lyrical cats, that all try to be innovative. Here are some examples: Akrobatik Planet Asia Rasco Crown City Rockers Typical Cats J-live They all of course stem from sources of hip hop history other than N.W.A., such as A tribe called quest, Organized Konfusion, EPMD, Boogie Down Productions, etc. I know Dre, Quik, Snoop are all tight, but what's the take of this "other" hip hop movement. GuangDian :P

The only one on your list with whom I am familiar is J-Live. I really like him. Here are some of my favorite not-so-mainstream hip-hop artists:Del the Funkee Homosapien [of Gorillaz fame]Jurassic 5Quarashi [they're Icelandic!]Handsome Boy Modeling SchoolLatryx